Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Up and at 'Em

My body decided that 1:30 am was time to start my day, so after a moment's pause and double checking with my lizard brain, I decided to comply. I had enough rest and was ready to go. So now I sit here, a few hours before I have to leave for work, showered, shaved, dressed and coffee'd. Trash is collected and ready to set out and I am listening to the soundtrack to "The Greatest Showman", which is my latest ear worm. "A Million Dreams" is playing and I am taking a moment to reflect on my own childhood and coming of age. The almost full moon is shining bright enough through the window to leave faint shadows on the hardwood floor and all is at peace.

Take a listen if you like. I wonder where this song might take you? I'll wait.

While considering what I might write about this morning, an analogy I had come across the other day came to mind and I thought I would mention it, as it had been on my mind, specifically considering how I react to situations at work and dealing with friends and family.



"You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and shoves you or shakes your arm, making you spill coffee everywhere.

Why did you spill the coffee?

'Well because someone bumped into me, of course!' you reply.

Wrong answer.

You spilled the coffee because coffee was in your cup.

If tea had been it, you would have spilled tea.

Whatever is inside of you will come out.

Whatever is inside the cup is what will come out.

So we have to ask ourselves...'What's in my cup?' "

This one has stuck with me and I am still considering its implications. Nothing incredibly profound, just musing about how I respond to interruption and changes in plans, which happen often. I am going to leave that here for now and come back in a moment. It is just what is on my mind and I want to listen to some more music without trying in vain to figure out how to remove this double spacing. Much easier to just start another post.

daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment