Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thoughts on the Weekend


So, it has been a few days since I included some thoughts here, better get cracking. It was a busy weekend, but really good for me. Church was interesting with a new speaker who will be around during this time of Transition, but his voice really hacked me off. Is that kind of harsh? It made it hard to concentrate on what he was teaching, and his content left a bit to be desired. That's probably my fault. It was a hard day where everything seemed to be wrong. The lighting, people's voices, my clothes, all of that, nothing was working of me.

The after noon and evening were alot better. Hung out with Stephen and Mark and wandered around the city. Checked out Skies for the first time and loved that view and the conversation. Roamed around downtown and ended up at Minsky's for some food and the game. Somehow ended up staying all night talking to Mark. It was good to get to know him better.

Tonight I met a really neat older man who taught our VIP class. He shared his life story and also imparted a great deal of wisdom. The principle of "72" and how every choice we make in life has repercussions and consequences. Stayed after class to talk to him and really made a connection. Possibly more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment