Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The sun is Good!


Wow...it is amazing what a run, working out and washing the car can do for me and how I feel. The sun is out, the Spring breeze is blowing and Chris Tomlin is streaming into my head via Pandora and my Blackberry.

Getting ready to head down to the Nelson Art Gallery lawn to lay in the sun and fly mah kite! :)

Today is going to be simple. Good food, excellent coffee, clean water and some time spent thinking about all that is whirling in my head and heart. I find myself in an unbelievable place wondering what have I ever done to deserve so much goodness.

Coming into the prime of my life, with years of experience, education and travel behind me...it is here that God found me and is starting to call my name in a still, small voice. I am reminded of Samuel, how he heard his name and kept thinking it was the person in his life calling him. Eli finally discerned what was happening and challenged him to answer, "Speak Lord, for thy servant hears..."

This is my prayer for today. I have carved out a block of time to wait in stillness and listen. To contemplate the blue sky and life and perk my ears to what may come. What does HE want for me? What is the purpose of all this blessing? How best to use this body, resources and talents for HIS glory and not my own gain, as I have been doing these past years.

It SHOULD be all about him. In this place of pain and struggle He is calling to me.

"Daemon?"

"Daemon?"

"Daemon..."






I am all ears, even if but for a moment in this crazy, frenetic life that I call my own. This boy is looking up today...

No comments:

Post a Comment