Friday, September 10, 2010

Up in the morning

Not really sure why I woke up so early today? Guess my body was just ready to get going. Simple day planned, it being Friday and all. Kind of looks gray and misty out again, but I can roll with that. Coffee shop weather. Time to get some sketching and music in along with good caffeine and conversation.

Hopefully will get a call today before 3 pm. Going to be filling some of my free time volunteering for Big Brothers and Big Sisters here in the area. Kind of pay back into the community and actually contribute. Had two interviews with the directors this week, so kind of excited to see what they want me to do. I am kind of excited about it all, so wish me luck! It has been a while since I have been a volunteer. Last place was the Gay and Lesbian Community Center and also for Passages. Many lessons learned at both of those places.

Found a new cool blog to follow and was reading his stuff this morning. Kind of touch situation, but a good writer. He captures himself well in words and is struggling with his sexuality and orientation and how it fits into his life. I had to leave a comment for him, because I saw myself in his writing a few places. It is pretty neat to kind of check each others lives out on our blogs. Makes me feel not so alone in it all at times.

Haven't really tackled any issues lately as far as writing goes. Michael has a friend in town from Atlanta for a week and a half, so life is going to be weird. I am kind of caught in limbo at the moment in relationships and not really sure of my status. It is either feast or famine it seems like with guys and everyone wants a piece of me and my time it seems like lately. I don't feel single and I don't feel attached, just kind of floating. I dunno...hard to explain.

Not sure what is going on spiritually at the moment either. Kind of lost in limbo concerning direction. Maybe fall will fill me in, but something has got to change.

My hair is getting longer, that's a trip. Still not used to that feeling, but I think I am going to like it. Trying not to cut it until after the New Year, and considering I have always had short hair...it has been a challenge! We shall see. Can't wait to see my little sister at Christmas when I actually have some hair for her to cut and style! She will prolly pass out. LOL

Not really a lot on my mind today. Life is good. Bill are paid. School starts in January. Hmmm...kind of on pause I guess till this year ends. Looking forward to more time with family and friends. I so love the holidays! Going on a road rally this next week to St. Louis with the car club. Hitting up the Armacost Museum with my Dad this Saturday. It is a multi-million dollar private collection of cars in the area that I scored a tour of through friends and networking. We have been dying to get in there for years and now we have a chance to see what has been talked about and rumored on the car circuit. Definitely taking my camera and he is as excited as a little kid! So good to see him happy about something. We are patching stuff up in our own way, and me doing this for him is my way of saying I love him and know he did not mean to hurt me. We shall see...

Maybe I'll come back later and write something more substantial. I have been running into a lot of questions lately about dating, sex, all kind of junk. Who knows?

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment