Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Getting words down

Time can be an elusive and slippery animal. Already this month has flown by and life continues to accelerate in ways and manners that remind me of flowing water seeking its own level. It will not and cannot be contained, but certainly channeled and used. Sometimes, though, it is simply good to let it run where it desires.

Woke up early this morning after a great night's sleep on a new bed. That purchase has certainly done wonders for the rest I seek. I am somewhat amazed at how such a simple difference can make in my productivity and easing of encroaching and continually present soreness and discomfort.

Damn. It has been awhile since I threw some words at this page. The pace of life, work, play and contribution has been break neck and doesn't seem to be slowing. Time to strap in and enjoy the ride. Where to start?

Sister and her daughter are getting ready to leave for Peru. Got Dad through the medical concerns that provoked some stress and consternation. Spring is rapidly upon us. Brother is doing well and his business is booming. Mom is finding some relief from her physical ailments and completed her physical therapy brought on from the severe fall this last December. Work is in order. Had my annual review yesterday with my Executive Chef and we both left that meeting well pleased. My merit increase meets and exceeds my expectations but my plate certainly is filling up and my shoulders are going to have to become broader. After meeting the CEO of our company at an event I was catering at, he called and requested my resume and seems to have some designs on my own personal development and future with the company. That is both intriguing and a bit disconcerting but I will eagerly anticipate what develops. This next month is going to be CRAZY busy but it is time to buckle down further and up the ante on what I bring to the table.

No news on the relationship front. Still single as a Pringle, but that is nothing new lately. Friendships and community continue to grow as I get more involved in activities and in the lives and activities of others. A few are becoming even closer and I am learning to reach out, share and lean on those with vastly more experience, good practical wisdom and sometimes just a listening ear. Reaching out and growing is never a bad thing, but can be daunting at times, for a person such as myself, who tends to live independently in most arenas of my own life. I love those guys and am certainly finding my place in the family I make for myself. I am coming into my own and staring to own and inhabit the place space that I walk in. This bodes well for the coming and continuing year.

I don't have much on my mind this morning. Just planning my day and schedule to attempt to fit everything in to be well completed. I have taking some classes in the evenings now to further my own education and development, but the new schedule certainly makes for longer days. More data on that front at some later point, when I feel ready to share.

Been back on the bench practicing and learning new pieces on the piano. That has been both challenging and expanding. My chops had become quite rusty over the years and the discipline has been good for my heart and soul. Music from the past and from the present is starting to flow, though the metronome is still my task master. Timing, in all things, is paramount.

So what the fuck is going on with me?

I am hanging on. I am surviving. I am thriving. Despite it all and what this world throws at me, I am taking it in stride and becoming, slowly, the best version of myself. I am going to find my voice again here and relearn to share with the openness and transparency that I once had.

Bear with me.

The long silence is hard to break, but I am trying and doing.

daemon

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your posts. How about an update?

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete