Friday, January 26, 2018

Oops...ran out of time.

Woke up this morning, well rested and ready to go...four hours before I had to leave from work. Odd how our bodies sometimes require immense amount of rest, and at other times, seem to perform fantastically with the bare minimum.

I got a lot accomplished already. Moved a lot of furniture around in preparation for some work being done in the house after I get home from work. I have a plumber coming over to do some installation and wanted to ensure he had room to access all the door panels that control various shut off valves in the different rooms he will be working in. The list of things that needed to be maintained or replaced with new fixtures had finally grown long enough to warrant bringing in a professional and I will be glad to see some new pieces around the house, after making do for quite some time. New faucets for the kitchen and two bathrooms, fixing a perpetual slow leak in one toilet tank and a few other things that have been bugging me for way too long will be good to get accomplished, even if it means forking over a bit more money than usual. There are things I am accomplished at and have the patience for, but plumbing is NOT one of them. I can stop massive leaks to pressurized systems due to the Navy, but as the house is in no danger of sinking resulting in explosive compression at crush depth, I will let the guy who can do it all in a few hours time do the work. I loathe plumbing and electrical work. So...a bit excited.

Several cups of coffee this morning already and I think I sat down too late to actually write anything meaningful this morning. The car is clean and I need to take the hard top off now, so I can enjoy the warm weather when I get off work. All is well and I have a free weekend to explore and enjoy so am pretty pumped about that. Car meet and cruise to lunch on Sunday with Michael and his friends from the club, so that is something to look forward to.

More news later today, when I get a moment to sit down and explore some ideas that have been in my head for a while. Hope you are all having a great day.

May today find us as grateful, excited and overjoyed with the things and opportunities that we DO currently have as this Austrian boy about his first pair of new shoes in years, 1946. Contentment is a goal we should all strive for. Don't invest into the lie that is covetousness and envy.

Be unAmerican today.

No comments:

Post a Comment