Tuesday, February 21, 2012
50 Rules for Men
50 Rules to Live Your Life By
Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it. – R. Emerson
1. Focus on what really counts.
2. You can’t please everyone.
3. Choose friends wisely.
4. Tell people what you’re really thinking. People are not mind readers.
5. Understand that you can only control yourself.
6. Learn a new skill this weekend. Repeat!
7. Identify your preferred form of expression.
8. Self-motivation is not optional. Get some!
9. Find great ideas then change the context.
10. Wake up claiming the best day ever
11. Ditch the TV for more time.
12. Do what’s in front of you.
13. Set a limit for having unfinished tasks.
14. Speak your truth.
15. Spend more time with the right people.
16. Set short deadlines for decisions.
17. Consider your appearance and proper grooming.
18. Reward yourself.
19. Take ownership don’t blame others for your situation.
20. Let the little things go.
21. Learn how to negotiate a better deal on everything.
22. Know your top 5 values.
23. Simplify by eliminating anything that’s not essential.
24. Start meaningful conversations.
25. Know what you want.
26. Limit what you borrow.
27. Get the important work done first.
28. Never be dissatisfied with what you have.
29. Lay the groundwork for some future fun.
30. Honor your commitments.
31. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
32. Create a routine and stick to it.
33. Ignore the unimportant.
34. Make it manageable.
35. Be careful when you make comparisons.
36. Character counts!
37. Never say, that’s not my job.
38. Get organized.
39. Schedule small tasks for a given time of the day.
40. Don’t underestimate the power of support.
41. Don’t browse online as soon as you get home.
42. Get enough sleep.
43. Speak less. Listen more.
44. Find a gym and start going regularly.
45. Pay attention to what you’re putting off for tomorrow.
46. Stop caring about mistakes, learn from them.
47. Get your financial house in order.
48. No Cheating!
49. Do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do
50. Know the difference between affirmation and information and be careful receiving too much of either.
By Alvin http://www.allswagga.com/blog/about