Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday and Happy

Strange huh, I know...but Monday finds me doing awesome and loving life. I guess that is what the peace of God can do for us when we just fall back, without a second look and rest in His arms. Sitting here in the sunlight and simply happy to be alive and well in this place I call home. The snow is brilliant and the small animals are scurrying around, frantically getting ready for spring. I can hardly wait for the first signs of green!

Last night was good. Had a dinner party at Blanc Burger and Bottles with all my friends from work. We did business for 45 minutes so the company would pick up the tab (thanks EB) and then spent the night simply talking, hanging out, sampling way too much good food and drink as well as singing with strangers! I appreciate that the people I work with daily, love me and understand where I am coming from, in all of my oddness at times. What a kick ass group of guys and girls!

So today is a day off, full of promise and hope. I know I'll head into the city and grab some coffee at the Broadway Cafe, maybe take some photos today, do some sketching, catch the newest exhibit at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, then dinner tonight with Michael? We shall see...our schedules have not been clicking this week at all and I miss my time with him.

I have shrugged off the slight that was handed me by that Christian group and processed through the pain and grief that was there. Upside down in my head is how I feel right now, but I am okay with that? Those people are NOT God, nor are they correct that I will not find the answers I am looking for. I cannot let my circumstances control my attitude. I will keep seeking truth. I want to follow Christ. I do not know what that will look like, but I am willing and able to keep it up, continue searching and not falter when others shake my faith or cause me to doubt the reality of God and His amazing love.


Approval for my sin....NOT what I am looking for.

Acceptance of my current state and need and help with change to come...this is what I will find.

I will it so.

So yeah...life is going on. I've got a smile on my face, a song in my heart, a cool new stocking cap on my head and my favorite kicks on. Bring it on world! God's got my back! :)


PS: Really freakin' horny today...so would appreciate some prayers about being good(ie leaving my body alone). I want to control my body, not it control me. For too long it has been in charge. I am saying "NO" for once...even when "YES" feels alot better. I can do this! Maybe I will be doing better after a hard work out. I'm thinking cardio and some free weights today. I tend to think alot more clearly once I pump out a hard set and tell my body "NO". Suck it up!

4 comments:

  1. Damon,

    Good to see the determination here. Saying "no" when "yes" feels better is a good way to put it. We all know that the "feel good" yes is rarely as good as the "good for you" no.

    If your will is aligned with God's then willing something can be very good.

    Glad you're having a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, bro. Keep that body under control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. I remember the days of trying to "control my body". haha. Posting pictures like you did on this blog post won't help control anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you are saying Pomo, but the pics are a mental picture of the contortions and flips I am going through to find a bit of discipline in my life.

    While I am certainly not cut out for a monastic existence I would like to call the shots a few times instead of being ruled by my hormones and heart.

    I guess I am struggling to get the remote away from my other head and make decisions based in my right mind...not thinking with my tool. It has a one track mind.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete