Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Snow



Woke up really early today after so much sleep with nothing much on my mind except the fact that I feel much better in my body. Yesterday was an odd day, due to the fact that I felt a bit under the weather. This was strange in itself, as I typically feel pretty awesome everyday. I think the events of the last couple months finally caught up with me physically and I just needed a break.

Sunday morning came bright and I ran through my morning routine without much of a hiccup. Almost stripped down and went back to bed before church, but knew that I needed to hear and see some good things so managed to keep going. Morning drive into the city was uneventful and hit the Broadway Cafe for my morning Joe. It seems that the colder weather not only packs that place, but also slows the workers down to an excruciating crawl. I finally ditched the idea of an espresso and settled for two cups of iced coffee and beat feet to church.

The message was awesome, from Luke 5:1-11 and dealt with our response to Jesus when he teaches and then blesses us. What am I willing to walk away from in order to follow him.

I felt like crap physically after service so dropped David off, said goodbye to Stephen (who was heading to Granite City with a buddy) after he pounced on me and made my way back home to the comfort of my bed for a much needed nap and rest. Is this what sick feels like? I really don't remember...

Woke up this morning refreshed and a whole day off of work! I think we may be getting together for lunch today, just depends on schedule and the weather. The friends got snowed in back in Atlanta so Michael is a bit bummed at missing time with them. I guess it was not meant to be right now. Hopefully they can come up, once the weather breaks and Spring is in the air?

Wow...more snow this morning. This boy is seriously getting sick of winter! I miss top down driving, shorts and warm sun. Will this pattern of weather ever break? I guess I am just rady for some green growing and blue skies. Grrrrr...

So I have read all the comments from days past and am processing all the input that seems to be pouring into my life and I had some thoughts on it, but am not ready to really share yet. Suffice it to say, those ideas that I am clinging to urge me to press into God and His word. To seek His face and KNOW what He has in store for me. I cannot change my beliefs to match my life. I must change my life to match my faith. This may not be the answer for all, but for me it seems the most logical and peaceful course of action, though it may not be an easy road to walk. Where this leaves me is at a fork in the road, when I least wanted or expected it.

In other news, besides the whole boyfriend thing, life is going well. Many different projects are lining up well and I am on my way to the success I have been pursuing these last few months. I cannot wait to see what this year has in store, as I keep making simple decisions that bring good things to me. This is blessing that I do not deserve. Looks like I am going to get to travel again and see more of the world than I though possible. I wonder where those paths will take me. Who am I going to meet? What life changing views and events will mold and shape me. I have always been happier when moving. Such is the life of a modern day nomad...

I think that I might just pack up and head to the shooting range this morning and blow off some steam punching holes in paper. Plus it has been a few weeks...don't want to get rusty. Might give Peter a call, he's been wanting to go with me and learn a few things.

So that's my Monday so far. Sipping coffee...watching snow fall and pondering this thing we call life. Peace to you all!



PS: I told you I didn't have alot on my mind. More to follow later. Promise.

5 comments:

  1. I heard the other day that the only State that doesn't have any snow is Hawaii. Enjoy it while you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow your blog had become a part of my daily quiet time. You set a good tone for reflecting on life and faith. Thinking fo you, brother, and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I thought I was a part of your blogroll. Now I dont see myself. What did I do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you go Pomo...?

    I was doing some cleaning up the other day when some guys shut their blogs down...may have cut the wrong one?

    Fixed! :)

    ReplyDelete