Friday, February 26, 2010

Peace in the Whirlwind


Early morning hours always find me awake and seem to sharpen with clarity the unprocessed thoughts and jetsam of the previous day. I remember times growing up where, after 24 hours of sleep deprivation, my mind would suddenly shift into high gear and I used to love those wee time episodes of thought. (wee morning hours...not wee thoughts, silly)

Not exactly what is happening here, but I will put some words down to track the events of the last few days. Many things on my mind, but WOW, first off...thankful for friends.

Stephen: so good to see you tonight! While our schedules don't seem to click in the winter like they do in the summer, your smile and pounce hug always make me laugh and grin like an idiot. I swear you learned that from Calvin and Hobbes! Much love and peace to you. It is so good to see that light back in your eyes again. Gone is that tormented haunted stare that never left you and you have your old joy back. You are beautiful and loved!

David: for spending so many hours listening, talking and helping me understand myself and how I relate to the world around me and introducing me to the idea that there are other stellar coffee shops in Kansas City, besides the Broadway Cafe ( I know practically blasphemy!) you have my love and gratitude. Little did I know that spilling my guts a few times would lead to a new friendship. You are one powerful and amazing guy, and where are you hiding all those brains at?

Eric: you keep asking the tough questions and are making me examine my choices in light of more than this space and place. How does one so young, see so far ahead? I appreciate your concern and discernment in keeping me safe as well as the others around me. Thanks for all the prayer and thoughts this week as I wrestled with life choices. I really did not like you at all when we met, but now...you're good on my books! But then you know I can be a stubborn dick. :) I am looking forward to building more with you and all the guys. Thanks for leading us!

Craig: for giving a damn about me for so many years. Who ever thought that soccer would bring people together to a place where eternity matters. I swear that day I was just going to grab some coffee and run but look what it ended as! I will keep you posted on events and thanks for coming down from CO just to see me! j/k dude...but yeah, I'm thinking that was divine appointment. Oh...and the book...see what's happening now? :)


Dave: for always answering your phone and praying with me when I just need a level head and listening ear. I know we are worlds apart in differences, but we somehow meet in the middle and share space and life. Thank you for opening up your home and family to all of us and making us feel at home and welcomed. You truly are the definition of community lived out towards all of us in the group. Thank you too for listening when it wasn't easy and accepting someone into your tribe who is just a bit different! We both hunt...so I can't be that bad! Your respect and admiration means so much to me as another man. Love to you and yours.


Steven: you have been there when I needed it. Late night talks, mid-Super Bowl game panics, crazy random texts and answers, always pointing, continually showing me the way back to the light. Never taking bullshit or smoke for an answer, you challenge me to seek truth in every area of my life. Thanks for cutting me some slack when I need it, but also pushing me to grow in other spots that would be easy to ignore. You are an example and inspiration of what a person, sold out and surrendered, can be. I don't have enough words of thanks for the jams you've helped me out of. You rock...oh, and yeah, I'm late with my questions and answers again. Watch out...I'll yell at you...I KNOW YOU ARE A SENSITIVE PERSON! :)


Thom: thank you for your words, your writing, insight and wisdom that you place before me to consider each time you record thoughts. You share so much, have suffered loss at the hands of others and continue to love strangers. Thanks for not judging me harshly and always pointing out reality and truth in the face of self delusion or pride. You are a warrior in this battle. Never, ever, give up!


Matt: Thank you for the awesome new music, all the late night talks and just always, always listening to me. I know I talk alot and it can be really random at times. (okay...all the time). Thank you for hanging in there with me and never making me feel stupid for some of the crazy jams I get myself in. Your love and zeal for others and God puts me to shame at times. You are being used daily in others lives and will continue to be used greatly as long as you can keep Him first in all things. You might be my little brother, but I can say proudly, that I look up to you. Thank you for knowing when to say what, when to hold your peace, and for sharing your life with me. For not judging me and making me feel shame, you show a forgiveness and compassion that is rare among men. You are a true friend. You preach with your life and praise with your music. We need more guys like you around. Love ya!

Michael: You know where I am at...

Uh...I'm really tired now, so I'll pick up with this in the morning. I have alot on my mind and its going to be a long, rambling ride, so bear with me. Much has been going on and is afoot. But I am seeing good things. Got to change the oil in the morning and take a drive around the lake if the weather is nice. Got a new CD to listen to and am excited about two whole days off of all the jobs!

Free time...I remember you!

G'nite...even if just for awhile.

Now where are my jammies at?

No comments:

Post a Comment