Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wow! Good Morning! :)


It is amazing what a few days of good rest, correct nutrition and hydration can do for ones body! I feel fan-freaking-tastic...if that is a word.

Or maybe this is how I always feel and I kind of forgot over the last few days of being under the weather? (and where did we come up with that phrase? we all live on the ground...so we are all, always under the weather...I dunno? English...not just the language of idiots and fools!)

But moving along...my week has now begun in earnest and I am glad to report that I feel fine. I did not think that would be the case considering how I felt when I snuggled into bed at 8:30 pm last night. (I know, really early!) But I think some prayers on a few folks parts certainly helped. Thanks for the talk Steven...your call was very well timed, if you know what I mean. Thanks for not hating on me and always speaking truth into my life.

So...today is work and friends, or working with friends...in short my easy job...later in the week, not so much. I had a thought while taking a leak that I am really not up in anyone else's business. Meaning, I tend to take care of myself, mind my own life and not get too concerned about what other people are doing, or the choices they are making.

Don't get me wrong, it is not that I do not care for others, or worry at times by the things they chose to do, but I am simply resigned to the fact that we all have a life to live, a death we owe, and the journey we take is our own. We will all be held accountable for ourselves and our actions...not some other persons.

But what responsibility do I have for my brothers? I keep hearing people talk that my life influences others and that the choices and stand (or lack there of) for truth always has an impact, and while I do not negate this idea, I wonder at its validity. People chose daily whom to follow. That is their decision. How am I held accountable or censured due to their weak wills, simple minds or foolish choices?

I know that I lead.

I know that people follow me.

This has been a fact since elementary school in my life.

But at what point do I take responsibility for those who follow me, those who look to me for guidance, those who make choices based on what I say?

That is a sobering thought.

Am I my brothers keeper?


Well its time to hit the shower and get me around some coffee! This day isn't going to live itself, and sitting here shivering in boxers and a t-shirt certainly woke this guy up!

I certainly have some thinking to do about all that.

There are two freedoms; The false, where man is free to do what he likes; The true, where man is free to do what he ought.




No comments:

Post a Comment