Friday, January 13, 2012

Waking up thoughts

I wish I had something profound to say, or at least thought provoking, but I do not. I have simply awoke to another day and yesterday was any indication, it will be another cold one. I feel strange not having a set schedule yet but I do know today will be a bit more productive than the last.

Sometimes we make decisions, or at least we are present when we are being undecided, and those actions take us places that we never imagined could happen. We literally have no way of grasping how each simple choice throughout our day dramatically change and shape the reality in which we and others live. Each step leads to another, each 'yes' or 'no' moves is through time and eventually we find ourselves in a new and different place without much explanation, at least initially how we arrived there.

The passage of time has a way of dulling pain and helping us remove ourselves from the consequences of choice, but in the immediate aftermath, while we are still close to the events, there doesn't seem much solace in that sentiment. Time healing all wounds only sounds good once those wounds, which are very real, have healed and are but distance memories.

I had a good birthday. I really did. It just ended strangely and for that reason I find myself in an odd head and heart space today. I do hope time helps. It only seems to pass one day at a time now.

daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment