Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good Morning 2011!

Woke up this morning to a great song on the alarm clock, the coffee was brewing already, sun streaming in the window and ready to tackle this day and twist its nuts off! Look like a fantastic start to another amazing year in the life of Daemon. :)

Last evening was simple. Spent the day working (people sure were generous!)  and then hopped to a few house parties that friends were throwing and then was back home, tucked in bed, by the time 2 am rolled around. Going back into work today, so knew I needed my game face on and all my faculties intact. Plus, I didn't have the time to cook a guy a proper breakfast and have a good lie in, so what was the point really? At least I got several great kisses when the ball dropped and went home happy and safe. Happy New Year to meeeee!!!

What does this year look like for myself? Well...the first part will be spent working my little tail off, saving money and taking it easy when I can. I plan on doing some traveling in the Spring, pretty much coast to coast to visit friends and places that I miss dearly and also need to meet, then lake time all summer and then back to college again in the fall for the next chapter of this guys life. That is an easy way to look at it. Could all that change at a moments notice? Well...certainly! I am Daemon after all, master of the spontaneous! I wonder if I could fit in a trip to Europe in there somewhere? Only problem is...I might not come back for a few years or so. I dunno...

Couple things that I would like to see happen along the way this year? It may sound sentimental and sappy, but I do hope to grow more spiritually and nail some things down in my heart and head about my relationship to God and what that looks like for me to live out. I also would like to be able to spend more time with my family and friends before the next 4 years become a crazy whirlwind. Maybe this year, my brother and I will have the time to drive Route 66 finally and get that off my bucket list! Certainly would not mind falling in love, or at least meeting a guy that I can spend a significant amount of my life and time with. Love is always a good thing but also something I don't really go hunting for. It just kind of happens, I guess?

Otherwise things are in order and I have my shit squared away and in tip top shape. No real resolutions I guess except to keep doing the things I know to be right and maybe avoid more of the things that drag me down. I am just happy to be here for another year and a chance to share life and love with all the amazing people that make up my crazy, crazy life! Welcome to 2011, Blog Buddies! Can't wait to share it with you all.

Pax,

Daemon

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'll look forward to following your life again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to drive Route 66.

    ReplyDelete