Thursday, July 29, 2010

Finally out of bed!


Well, I didn't get to the lake this week. Got hit with some kind of summer cold/flu crap that knocked me into bed for the last three days. No fun! Hacking cough, body ache, fever and everything that goes with it. Pretty much only got up to shower and take my meds. Michael came over to help take care of me, which I thought was pretty sweet of him, considering. He made me some awesome chicken noodle soup and always brought me really cold 7-UP when I needed it, just like my Mom did when I was a kid. I think I am spoiled?

I feel pretty sore this morning from the coughing, but I think some of it is from moving a bunch of T-5 transmissions around in my Dad's shop trying to be a bad ass and do it myself. It felt pretty good at the time and all, but now my shoulders, neck and arms are feeling it! Next time, I better ask for some help!

Now that I have my complaining out of the way, I actually feel much better today. Still blowing my nose every thirty minutes or so, but I am so glad to be out of the bed! I tend to sleep sickness off, like a hibernating bear and don't like to be up and around until I have returned to normal. I know that the medicine I was taking sure threw me for a loop. Anything, even as slight as Benadryl, makes me higher than a kite and my dreams have been really screwy too. Don't remember much about the last three days, except hot showers, the smell of Vicks and the quiet purr of the humidifier. Kind of weird to live in my boxers that long. Clothes feel weird now to my skin. Sure makes me grateful for almost always having good health. That is one good thing that it is easy to take for granted.

I think in a bit, I might clean up and head into the city. Need to pick up supplies to smoke a brisket for my little sister. That will be tonight's task I think. Prolly stop by the coffee shop for an hour or so and maybe swing by and visit a few of my friends who are back in town. Simple life I guess, but I am enjoying it!

Tomorrow, everything picks up and looks to be busy for awhile. Have the Guys BBQ on Friday night, then the commissioning of the USS-Missouri on Saturday morning with my Dad and Navy buddies. Hmm...River Market for produce, swing by Westlake Hardware to meet Red Green and then Sunday is all full of church, friends and family. Looks to be a great weekend if I can get back on my feet.

Got my letter from college yesterday to come down for an interview. Really nervous about that, as it is a conservative liberal arts college with a policy of no homo-sex allowed. I want to be able to share my testimony completely, but also don't want to screw up my chances of my scholarship by being too forthcoming. I wonder what all they will ask me about my past and present. I am not going to lie, just hope that my sex life and orientation does not come into play in the interviews. Yeah...I am pretty stressed about that. I guess we shall see? If I am supposed to be there, it will all come together, if not, then there is another place for me. I will not compromise my integrity for a full ride. That would be hell on earth to live that way again, like I did in the Navy.

Coffee is ready and I need to get into gear. Hope to have a simple relaxing day with friends and get to feeling 100% better. I hate being sick! Guess this is God's way of slowing me down a bit? Anyway, hope you are all well and I look forward to getting back here and catching up on part two of my Dad. Peace,

Daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment