Monday, May 7, 2012

Meh

I woke up this morning, went outside, and stood in the rain for a while. It felt good. Came inside, stripped down and crawled back into bed and curled up. Who am I kidding? Even on a rainy day off, I can't go back to sleep once I am up. Washed my face, started some coffee and came down to my office to read up on news, organize a few things that have been on my desk for a while and get my day off started.

Writing here this morning was not in the plan but I find myself doing it anyway. Lately, as more has been going on in my life, I find myself reluctant to share with others, both known and unknown. This might be due to the fact that with each passing day, I find myself understanding myself and my circumstances less and less. Without a firm grasp/control or comprehension on my reality, sharing seems a much more risky proposition and excursion. Why this is so, I am not sure? I usually plunge head long into verbal processing...

So I have rain today. Drove through an amazing storm yesterday evening on the way home from work. Sheets of blinding rain, hail, thunder and lightening, a real "gully washer" as my grandfather would say. While I was amped up on adrenaline and a bit scared, I have to say I enjoyed the experience. It was an adventure of sorts, the type that I have not had for a while in my more mundane existence as a civilian prone to responsibility. When did I become so predictable? The sunset of gold and rose was breathtaking. The skies split right at the horizon and during the downpour we had a spectacular light show with beauty, thunder and lightening. I have never seen anything quite like it in my days.

I am just going to stop writing right there, cause I don't need to keep rambling. I will come back when I actually have something to say or ask. I wonder why "off days" or so very different than a "day off"?

daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment