Sunday, August 8, 2010

At elevation...

Wow! What an amazing trip so far! Drove out to Denver and surrounding areas with Stephen and Max from church. Staying with a friend, Craig, from high school and have spent a fantastic amount of time in the woods and mountains. Hiked six hours to Diamond Back Lake yesterday which is a glacier fed lake. Spent time in Boulder, Golden and all the surrounding cities in the area. Cool funky locals, urban hipsters, hikers, bikers, climbers and legal pot dispensaries in many of the locally owned coffee shops.

No...I did NOT get high, with a little help from my friends. :) I am glad to be surrounded by such good guys and am building these friendships even deeper and intimate. Life is good. We had a BBQ at Craig's church and met a cool guy named David who has been our guide through the mountains and wilderness the last few days. And it IS the wilderness. He does not believe in using trails, but rather likes to strike off across the mountain passes using only a map and compass. I have never been so tired, sore and happy as the last few days.

Today we had church and then went out to the Cherry Creek Reservoir to fish and boat. Have met some fantastic people. Couple of the guys up at Diamond Back Lake, Silas and Mitchel were up there skinny dipping while we were fly fishing. Just a couple of buddies from the Colorado school of mines taking time off to hang with each other. Caught up with them later
(once they got some shorts on) and made some sweet friends. People are truly different up here in the mountains. They share, they care, in short...live as humans should.

I know that much of this is disjointed and rambling, but at least wanted to say hey, and capture a few of my thoughts. Thawing out meat now for the fire and listening to the rain storm come down in such peaceful abandon. I love it here and will certainly be returning as often as possible.

Welp, it is time to start cooking. The guys are getting hungry and giving me the stink eye...LOL I love these guys. Max is playing guitar, others just sharing stories. In the company of good men, I am happy.

Love on another,

Daemon

1 comment:

  1. Ah so you can relate when I write that I miss what was once home.

    ReplyDelete