Monday, August 23, 2010

Time of my life!


Wow...woke up a bit ago, stretched out, ran through the shower, got my face shaved, resisted cutting my hair, made my coffee and am now dressed and ready to start this day. Figured out the one ball cap I wanted to wear is a bit grungy, so washing it right now and I will be on my way.

Got some serious sleep in yesterday and so grateful for a day of rest. Dragged out of bed in the morning and was bone weary and soul tired. Church was AMAZING, all about the power of our words and the way we encourage and speak to not only each other, but all of those we meet. The phrase that I carried away with me is, "Promptings to speak truth, encouragement and love to one another, when obeyed, can truly impact and change the course of a person's life." I could ramble on about that forever, but basically, thinking back on the great and horrible things that have been spoken to me, I see how those words from others have truly shaped how I perceive myself and the actions I took after absorbing them into my life. Love one another, kids. Speak good things. The power of death and life is in the tongue. Check out the letter from James to see more!

Hmm...drove down to St. Louis on Friday with that HUGE truck! That was an adventure. Got to know Matthew really well and shared some awesome conversation with him. What an intriguing guy. Went to the Naval Academy, track and field scholarships, all over the country, 3 degrees and now running his own business'. I don't see how he keeps track of it all. Switching over from tiny sports cars to an enormous refrigerated Kenworth Diesel was quite an experience, but it was cool to be Kind of the Road...even for just 8 hours. We picked up $12,000 worth of groceries at Trader Joe's and brought them back to Kansas City. Got to meet some cool guys that he employs over in St. Louis and also all the guys from church helped us back on the K.C. end. All in all a great but tiring day.

Woke up Saturday and ran over to Stephen's loft downtown for breakfast. Loved the drive into the city, blasting me some Chuck Berry with the top down! It is sooo cool to watch the city come away in the morning. Got there and wasn't hungry, so played piano and sang while he ran through the shower and got ready for our day. Spent the day helping a family who moved here get all their stuff from those storage pods into their new house. They have some awesome kids and we had a blast getting them settled in. Who knew that MUCH furniture would fit into those things?! It was like playing Tetris getting it all into the house. Five couches, dressers, tables, beds, steamer trunks, and on and on. They found a great place and certainly have enough stuff to furnish it. They were missionaries to Tunisia and have returned home to work in the church. I love them so much, like instant friends!

Stephen and I were pretty beat, but got a call from a friend who wanted to take us to the Royals vs. White Sox game, so we ran to my place, cleaned up and headed to the stadium. Got there and figured out it was a double header...LOL Had an blast and enjoyed meeting so many cool people. Awesome food, great pics and good times. We didn't get out of there till about 2 am!

Sunday...woke so tired..but napped the after noon and slept the night. I am ready for this day. The gas tank is full, I'm all cleaned up, coffeed, top is down, CD changer loaded, sunglasses at the ready for another fun day. I hope God brings me someone to talk to today. I want my time to count, even when I am just taking it easy. Got to talk to school tomorrow and start figuring all the logistics out on that, but prolly going to just enjoy this time off till the Spring Semester. Hmm...that's about it. Yep!

I will be back later to write about the things I am so grateful and thankful for. I learned something really cool right before I took a nap yesterday, but I wasted to much time writing all that stuff up there. More and improved content later...promise!

Love on another!



PS: Michael is doing great and I will try to update on him later, even though he hates it when I write about him...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment