Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Home again...ahhh


Well, the truck pulled back into Kansas City last night a little after 8 pm and we dropped off Max at his house after a brief stop at the grocery store. That guy eats so many bell peppers it's crazy! I can't argue with his results of diet and exercise though, he is one ripped and built dude. It was so enlightening and encouraging to spend time getting to know him better over these last few days. He is a professional classical guitar player, a chemical engineer and seriously intelligent man. Conversing with him, about anything at all, is like a perpetual fencing match, where no words are left to drop to the ground without being questioned, dissected and examined. What a great, new friend. On the way back, he finally just asked me out my orientation, in somewhat stilted language, so I gave him the heads up that I was gay. Everyone else in CO and on the trip knows me well, but I kind of kept that under wraps, since I wasn't sure how he would respond. Kind of glad I did, cause it kind of freaked him out, but I thought he handled it well. He just has never had any gay friends before and kind of had a lot of stereotypes in his head about what that would look like. It is always good to help other people realize that we are just normal people too.

Stephen and I stopped by the prayer room, visited with some friends and then headed out for a late dinner. I love that guy so much. This last year we have spent together has taught me so much about myself, about him, communication and unconditional love and understanding. He has taught me to be a good listener, intentional with my words and actions and how to truly care for others, even in the face of adversity and conflict. I am glad to count him my best friend. I am grateful and thankful to have met him, and that he decided to share life and time with me. He is a walking smile! Everything about him is beautiful.

Took an easy day off today. Woke up early, grabbed some coffee at Broadway and the rolled around town visiting friends and having a good time. Went and played in the park a bit with the soccer guys, went swimming with some of my friends and then back home for a nap that lasted till 8 pm. Guess I was kind of worn out! I received the sweetest card from one of my neighbors thanking me for the birthday card I sent her. She is like my adopted grandma. She just turned 97 years old and still live on her own, and is sharper than I am most days. I love her to death and am so thankful she is in my life. She has watched me grow up over the years and certainly blesses my life with all her stories, words and wisdom. I love you, Bernice!

Tomorrow...hmm. Getting up early to head out to my little sisters house to fix up her property a bit. She has alot of landscaping that I put in a few years ago and I try to keep it looking top notch. It makes her happy and the neighbors jealous, but I had no idea I was going to become her gardener too! Once that is done, guess I will hit the coffee shop, of course, and then tomorrow, Stephen and I have a play date. LOL He wants to get outside, play some soccer, fly kites, all the things that I do on my time off that he has missed while working the corporate grind. I think that play time is VERY important for mental and emotional health, kind of like nap time, but all too often as we grow older, we lose that and start acting like adults all the time. Notice I said "acting". There is a time and place for responsibility and maturity, but we should never be to old to play and laugh. It's a good thing.

Hmm...then on Thursday, Michael and are are having dinner. Not sure what we are doing yet, but I am excited. The relationship has slowly changed over time, but I really feel that how things are now is much healthier and productive for us. I think we kind of fell into each others lives a bit too deeply, too quickly and it certainly was causing some stress and worry on my part, both emotionally and spiritually. I guess we kind of got rid of the labels and he is now back to being my friend. Sex is off the table, but the emotional support, love and commitment is definitely deeper. We are not going to let others define our friendship and simply take it one day at a time. Being single again, near each other seems to work out better on all fronts. He is my special friend, but that may be all it was meant to be. I realized that he was in the way of my relationship with God and I was slowly falling into a place where the relationship and sex was much more important to me than growing as a Christian. I realized that things had to change, so we talked it out and it made sense to us both. He had sensed that I was bothered about some stuff and brought it up. I was a completely open door to tell him what was going on in my heart and mind and we both went away from that conversation understanding each other much better.


I love him. I always will, but my relationship with God comes first. I am excited to see what this will all look like in the years to come. I have to write an article now, so I best get going. Colorado was awesome, I am happy, my friends rock, and I have another camping trip with my church this weekend. The whole church is going out to the woods for 3 days and nights. It is going to be AMAZING! Peace,

Daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment