Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts...


Not sure what is up yet this day. Woke up, thinking I was sleeping in, refusing to leave the cool dark comfort of my bed, bundling over and snuggling into the myriad of pillows only to find upon rising that I managed to sleep till 7:23 am. Took a long piss having fun with the sounds it made falling into the toilet, brushed my teeth vigorously, surveyed my tussled and sleep sprung hair and padded slowly outside to grab the day's paper and check out how the sunrise was shaping up.

It was cool and crisp for the first time since I can remember this summer's blast of heat. The air raised goosebumps on my arms and I sat on the steps watching the sunlight play on the windows of the house to the south. The dog days seem to be past. Humming birds buzzed around the feeders and I slowly came awake to another beautiful day in this amazing and fantastic life. So strange to think that the smallest taste of fall is in today's air. All to soon, but oh, so welcome.

Came back inside, grabbed a liter of distilled water and headed to the office. This mornings correspondence demands the full attention of my PC, not the paltry meanderings of my laptop. Once I got him booted up, all the letters I attempted to print last evening came shooting out the slot. Finally, ya lazy git! I had sent them last night to my other PC in hopes of printing and mailing them this morning, so that was a great way to start the day! My skills at computer repair fall somewhere around turning them on and off, randomly clicking icons I never use, and repeatedly talking to myself and getting lost surfing some other website. Seems to work so far!

Think I will shower up soon, slip into something comfortable and head into the city for some coffee. Was pondering running up to Minnesota for the State Fair and to visit a friend, but not sure if that is going to fit into life right now. Patrick yelled at me last night, via a text in all caps, that I MUST COME TO WORLD"S OF FUN ON SATURDAY. Guess we got a group of guys headed out to the amusement park. Seems like ages since I have been there and I know there are some new roller coasters with my name all over them. Oh well, I guess I will figure it out. I also need to get out to the South West and visit friends all over from California and back, but might wait until Autumn truly sets in and the temps will work with top down driving.

Rambling now, I know, but bear with me. I realize that I have no idea what to do today, after the errands and mundane tasks are completed. Might go play in the park, surely get some coffee, check in with friends, hit the library, eat something different and then who knows? This time off has been amazing, but a man left to himself is a pitiful thing. Need to call Michael and see what plans are for the weekend. I know he has month end coming up, so prolly will be stressed to the max. So good to grab time with him and see how he is doing. Our relationship has yet to be defined lately, so am just taking it as it comes. We never really have been one for labels.

Need to call my little sister, see when she is taking off for Peru again, or is it Africa this time of the year? I dunno. Hard to keep up with her and all she is involved with. It is somewhere I know. I like to help her out with some cash, cause she thinks to little of herself and everyone has stuff they need, or sometimes just want. My brother has been pretty quiet lately. His little girl just turned three years old. His hands are full with the business, employees and schedules, work and family, bikes and cars. Such is the life of a real adult I suppose. I guess I never will be getting married, not unless the courts get their act together and I get the green light from God. Weird how it all comes down to stuff written on paper.

Opened up the house now, french doors propped to the patio and deck, windows raised to let sun and fresh air in. Just a great feeling in the air today. Would kind of like to cut my hair, but am trying to grow it out. Grrrrr...

After reading so many friends different blogs, I am wondering when I am going to start tackling the issues and news of the day? I guess I just write what is on my mind, but my life is simple and I don't seem to spend much time worrying or studying the world around me. I don't really react to it all, and am pretty content with my life. Sure, there are the scrapes and jams we all get into because of our choices and other people, but I am merely living my life and enjoying it in the process.

I guess I need a call, a mission, or a project. Something to aim my time at, at least until school starts. I have become really involved at church and in my community, but that doesn't take up very much head space. Am I really selfish? Are there to many "I's" in my writing? I think that I care and help others. The life with no drama is pretty satisfying. Can't say there are any emergencies or craziness to fill anyone in on.

Oh well...time to work out, shower and get some pre-coffee shop coffee inside of me. I wonder what your life is like? What all do you do with your time? Where are all of you from anyway? What do you think about in the morning when you wake up? What does your part of the world look like? If you could tell me one thing, what would it be?

Haven't started coffee yet, maybe in a bit... where is my t-shirt?

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Do our blogs necessarily have to be about someone other than ourselves? Though it might be construed as selfish to some people, I think that blogs are a way for us to get to know other people better, thus you need to write about yourself. Though there are blogs that are more current events orientated, one like mine for instance, blogs such as yours give a break to the "monotony" so to speak of the fast paced world around us. It gives us time to be introspective, since many times we can relate to things that are going on in others lives. So if you want a purpose to your blog...then get one. But don't get one because other people might think that you are selfish if you only write about your life.

    As for my life...my time this summer has been spent reading, studying, hiking, and traveling. I moved twice this summer...once from Saskatoon SK to Victoria BC, then from Vic to a suburb of Toronto, where I anxiously wait for university to start here in two weeks.

    As stated above, I live near Toronto, but I am from Memphis TN (by way of Illinois). I am up here in Canada land because of the generosity of my university's study abroad program, which has allowed me to be up here for two of my four uni years.

    When I wake up in the morning, I think about how lucky I am and how much God has blessed me. My husbands alarm clock blares every morning at 5am signaling that it is time for us to hit the gym.

    Life in this "small" suburb of T-town is nice. There is character here. The architecture and the history of where I live give it its draw. Though there are bad and run down parts of the city, and though the economy is depressed, I feel at home. I have learned that wherever you live, it is not where you are but who you are with that give it its beauty, and because I am here with my other half, I am more than content.

    Now if I could tell you one thing...I would say this. Set aside time for yourself each day just to think. You don't need to write, you don't need to read. Just look outside and think about life, without any of the distractions that come with said life. Take to heart the words of that poem that you posted a few weeks ago about being alone. I have found that being alone does wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete