Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weeks End...or Beginning?


Eyes opening as sun comes in. Waking up naturally now each morning since May 30. Gone is the alarm and its subtle music that used to coax me unwillingly into my conscious mind. Now, I just sleep and when I am done, I open my eyes.

Took in the outside while sitting and sipping in quiet. Have not even used my voice yet. Will today be a quiet day? No plans except for church, but even that is not so simple. I am torn between going to Jacobs Well or visiting the new church my friend told me about. I am not really one for change and I feel I need something familiar this day. Maybe I will catch them next week after thinking on it some.

Cleaned up and got the mind and body awake. I love that new long handled loofah! It's just like my hand help one, except on a beautiful bamboo rod that reaches right to that center place on my back that always needs to be scrubbed hard when I am showering alone. Ahhh...that really did feel great. Just stood under the water and slowly brought it back to cool temps as the sun played across the glass and walls. Being clean each and everyday, several times a day sometimes feels soooo amazing! It is one thing to take for granted and another blessing to be grateful for.

Top off today I think. The weather is nice and cool. The sun is out. The proverbial birds are singing and already the neighborhood is waking up. Smiled and waved to Jesse this morning as he grabbed his paper. That guy works so hard! Boats are already getting out on the water and yes...yes...this day will be much better. Almost time to dress and run into the city for coffee and the New York times. Might grab a pastry while I am at it and munch and sip outside on the patio. I love my coffee shop, nestled right there in the middle of the city in the middle of the country in the middle of my world. I orbit Broadway...lol

That made me kind of laugh, so I know all is well in my heart. The days when I cannot make myself smile and giggle are low ones indeed, but today is not so destined to be. I will have a me day, but of the good kind. Maybe shop, stroll, read, lounge, play and defer all invitations until tomorrow. That sounds great! Kind of like yesterday, except out and about and without all the angst and turmoil.

I shall say this is weeks beginning. Good things are coming. I simply must wait.

And while I wait, I'll put some shorts and a tee shirt on and get rolling down the road!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment