Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thankful for list...




"Tell me...what is it you do you plan to do, with your one wild and precious life?"


This second chance God has given me, a head strong and self willed guy, to start over and live the rest of these years, finding out what I am really here for - thankful

For the amazing family that took me home from hospital, as sick and frail as I was, and lovingly raised me with all the best they could afford and not afford - thankful

My Dad, who can build anything, fix everything, work harder than any man, is stronger that I will ever be, who called me out to be the man I am, who rose above all the adversity of his past and made a legacy of our name, who has always said yes to me and never no, taught me the value of my word, came to every single game, taught me what mercy and grace was on the side of a deserted highway - thankful

Mom you know what you have done, the nights you have carried me, cried with me, listened and shared, sacrificed, held, challenged and provided, loved my boyfriends as sons, always had time, sheltered me from Dad when I needed it, and pointed me to him when I needed him, all of this...wow - thankful

Brother who slept beside me for 11 years, listened to my nightmares, held me when I cried, made me believe in myself, taught me how to ride a bike, how to climb trees, tell whoppers, and throw and take a solid punch, showed me what success truly can be and is - thankful

Sister, who learned from all our mistakes, loves everyone she has ever met, gives so freely of all she is and has, travels the world caring for others children, inspires me to find and create beauty, sings with all her heart and never, ever says die - thankful

To the two Brothers who are gone - thankful

For my unique house that I love, my huge new bed, my bathrooms and fantastic shower that I can actually sit down in to wash my feet or nap and spin around in with my arms stretched out! for all my clothes, for awesome rough cotton towels, my amazing shoes, my piano, my guitar, my harmonicas, my ukulele, my tools, my old truck, my garage, my coffee pot with built in timer, all my watches (especially the new Nixon) my comfy thick sweaters (can't wait to wear you this winter!) my coats (especially my lucky leather jacket and the goose down B-1 Parka) all of my furniture, my kick ass Man Chair (I will never, ever sell you, promise) , my big flat screen, my computers, a laptop, The Mustang, my Miata's, my Nordic Track, the weight bench, my treadmill, for air conditioning in the hot summer, and heat in the cold winter snow , and running clean water on tap whenever I want it , for my refrigerator and all the food inside of it, for my stove, the microwave, for ceramic knives and copper cookware, my trash compactor, all the art I have collected and made over the years, my wonderful yard, my charcoal grill, the wood smoker(BBQ brisket and smoked turkey!) my flowers, all the trees and this land- so very thankful

For my health and this body, for being a tall guy, for strong bones and good muscles, all of my different body parts, how my ankles and toes pop when I stretch hard, for being a boy and how amazing it feels to pee, for that sacred and fun gift of sex and being built well to give and to receive it, to be able to taste such amazing food and drink, see such beauty of this world with these eyes, to touch and hold with these hands, to smell all the thousands of fragrances and scents, and to hear the trees, the birds, music, a loved ones voice and even silence when I chose - thankful

For my education, the teachers and professors who poured life and love of knowledge into me. For books, so many wonderful books and the time and space to read them. For the gift of University and the Navy - thankful

Friends... where do I start with all of you crazy and wildly beautiful people? - thankful

For the boyfriends, those amazing guys who have shared life and love with me. From Christopher to Michael... -thankful

For Jesus...who gave all so that I may have all this - thankful



I started this simply as a space to record a few things that I am grateful for and now as I look at all the things, people, places, experiences and gifts that have come to me...I am overwhelmed at this beautiful, amazing, fantastic wild thing that I call my life. How can I not be moved by it all? I could keep going and going and going...

I truly am blessed. This helped me so much...

What are you thankful for?



1 comment:

  1. Being thankful is the greatest therapy ever, you really do feel good afterwards and life looks so much more doable. Great thoughts. I am thankful I read this, you are a unique guy. We're God's children so I am thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete