Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring, Kites and Smiles!


Woke up early today to another beautiful Spring day! It is way too bad that I have to spend it inside at work, but such is life...

Getting ready for work and church this morning. Looks like Michael is sleeping in today, but I can understand. He mowed the yard and washed his car yesterday and then we hung out shopping and just wandering around the city. Had a few funny episodes at the jewelry store. He has a stone that he wants to get mounted for a ring and all the salespeople and staff thought we were getting engaged. LOL...they sure were nosy! I finally told the girl that was NOT what this was about, though it still cracked me up. He was wearing his Tiffany and Cartier and we couldn't have been a more unlikely couple. Str8 guy and gay boy is what it looked like, but appearances can be deceiving we all know.

Ran by Oak Park and shopped for some pants for him, He found three pair he can wear to work and he will look sharp. It was just good to spend time with him and be out and about. This week we need to find some more rose bushes and finalize plans on what he wants to do with the landscaping. This is turning into quite the large project, but I am more than happy to help. Just call me the lawn boy I guess?

My thoughts turn to church and the upcoming Men's Retreat. I still have not decided if I am going to camp or stay in a cabin. The price is quite different, but I do love both options. One promises a fire place, amenities and the comforts of a hot shower and soft bed, while the other is a more in tune with my lifestyle. The campfires, sleeping bags and late night talks under the stars. I guess I just feel a bit hesitant in sharing all that space with my church friends, some who know me better than others. What to make of it all, I am not yet sure. I guess I feel the odd man out at times, knowing that in this circle of men, I am the lone gay guy. They love me and I know I have a great support group, but sometimes I can't help but feel that my orientation separates me from them in some unseen way that they instictually sense and that the tone changes when I am not around. Ever get that feeling? It is compounded more so by the fact that in this day and age, where all men are sensitive, I feel and present a lot more masculine than some of them will ever be. At least stereotypically. Many of these guys are pretty soft and tend to lean into their girls and wives WAY too much. Oh well, I am sure I will be fine. I am not there for the guys only and camaraderie, but also for some spiritual insight, male bonding and strengthening of my community. I am looking forward to it.

This week brings the dreaded jury duty...meh! I so hope to get out of it, but have a feeling that I will be paneled and selected to draw out those days in determining the fate of some ugly event and dubious individual. I will serve with some grace and honor, but that does not mean I don't have to resent my civic duty. I just hope it doesn't interfere too much with my life and job. Maybe if I just answer each question with the preface of, "According to the prophecy...blah, blah, blah! " Grrrrrr...

So yeah, feeling pretty good today! Sorry that I haven't been writing all that much. I have had much going on with friends and family, and each of these different relationships seem to be claiming more time from myself. At least I have been able to squeeze in some quality time for kite flying (bought a new one called the Molecule, it's freaking awesome) and long drives in the country with the top down. The summer tan is coming in nicely and I am enjoying the feelings in this guys body as Spring works Her eternal magic on my senses and desires. The sap is definitely rising, but I am learning to exercise some control and discipline over myself, at least where it concerns Michael. Now the whole solitary thing...not so much. Just seems like I can't get enough at times. Weird days and odd nights keep getting me way too horned up even to sleep unless I get off a couple times. You all prolly know what I mean.

The sun is peaking in at me and time is flying by, so I will take off now. Hope you all are seeing new life where ever you may be and that today brings a smile to your face! I have church, work and then a party tonight for Petra at 303. We are bidding her adieu to sunny Florida and she will be missed greatly at work. The night will tell how it all goes I guess? Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment