Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Funday!


Waking up to a new day here. Caught up on some emails with friends who have kind of slipped away over the winter and generally just waking up. Neck is still a bit sore, but all in all, appears to be a nice day. Going to be up to 68, blue skies and top down weather. Now I just hope I do not get called into work, like yesterday....ugh! I would prefer to go to church and hang out with friends.

Crap, just realized I need to pay for my cabin today for the Men's Retreat! Got the money in my pocket, just hope I have time to swing by J-Dub and drop it off. (Jacobs Well, my church...lol)

So kind of feeling chipper and odd this morning. After work yesterday, grabbed some grub and ran by Michael's for a movie and yard work. He wants some landscaping done, so we started taking some measurements, sketching designs and planning a budget and time frame. It is going to be a large project, but we can break it up into several phases. Having a brother who is in commercial construction, concrete and earth work is going to help a lot! I think that might be a gift to him, having Brian come over the some equipment and a crew to do the filling, grading and hard scape. We shall see, it all depends on what he wants and how much of it we want to do ourselves. I look forward to working on this together. It is soothing and healthy for us.

Got to talk to David, my life coach and friend on Friday morning and it was good to get some fresh eyes on my life and feedback on current choices and plans. He is always so good at dissecting my words from my actions and offering solutions, choices and counterpoints to my somewhat simplistically complex manner of adapting to life. I struggle so hard to be present all the time, but am learning some easy steps to start living in the moment, face forward and not so much in my head, past and future all the time. I want to starting becoming more of a human BEing and less of a human DOing. :)

Brb...got to take a leak...ahhh, much better. Got the coffee started, starting to feel like a person again!

Where was I? Oh yeah, life is going well. Got all my stuff and paperwork in order for culinary school this fall. Starting to get excited about it. Such a change and shift from the life I have lived these past 3 years since getting out of the Navy. Gonna head back to the classroom and into the kitchen to see if my passion meets my present. If anything, I am ready to learn something new and find out what truly pursuing this dream looks like and feels like. If it doesn't pan as supposed, I have at least learned some more skills and enjoyed myself along the way. I guess I will find out if this is a dream that fades or something I truly want to pursue. Many feel that this would be a waste of my talents and skills in other areas, but when you have so much to choose from, I think one has to follow ones heart, not ones skill set and brain power. I want to do what I love, just am simply making space to find what I love.

Welp, that's about all that is in my head at the moment. Time to stretch out, hit the shower and get ready for my day. I guess my schedule will dictate my wardrobe, but when has it not? Uniform of the day is: clothing that will work both worlds. Check! Peace to you all.

1 comment:

  1. 68 degrees?!?! You should have gotten off your lazy butt & helped me get the dock in yesterday. The water was somewhere in the mid 40s.

    ReplyDelete