Friday, April 16, 2010

You make me smile




What an amazing day! Worked this morning, awesome drive into the Plaza today in the sun, got off early, home for food and shower, dressed for dinner and the over to pick up Michael. Heard the song "smile" by Uncle Kracker today 3 times...for the first time ever and then twice again. Once in the car on the way to pick him up, once while we were driving to dinner after I told him about it, and then again when we were out on the porch watching the storm roll in over the stars. Strange thing is...this is the phrase I told him the first morning after we met, on that same porch. Cool, huh?

Dinner out at Changs, long walk in the park, ice cream from Stone Cold Creamery by the fountain and then a night time drive home, with the top down, listening to tunes and hanging out. Spring time doesn't get much better! Plus saw 3 Ferraris tonight! Woot, woot!

Posting this late at night, long after he has fallen asleep, but much thanks to my friend Matt for staying up into the wee hours talking faith and doctrine, hitting the hard questions and listening to my doubts and fears about it all. I know I don't get it sometimes, man, but thanks so much for pointing me back to Him every single time. I am NOT giving up!

I will leave you with this song before I crash as well, hoping for another awesome day tomorrow. We both have 3 day weekends!

1 comment:

  1. I don't recall riding in your car with you, but I AM glad that I make you smile. :P

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete