Tuesday, April 20, 2010

UP and AT 'em!


Wowser! I woke up seriously early today, but that may be due to the fact that for the first time in a few years I crashed into bed before midnight last evening. I was freakin' bush whacked. Yesterday was an amazing day and spent with good friends and my favorite person of all...ME!

Now I know that may sound strange, but the last few months I have been re-connecting with myself in a strange but beautiful way. I have always loved my own company, though I am also very much a social animal. I guess what is happening is that, as the cares of life and the strenuous schedule melts away from my structured living for a season, I have the time and space to re-discover who I truly and and all the little things that I have always loved about myself and forgot. I LOVE being me!

Anyway, before I ramble off into some weird, narcissistic diatribe and rabbit trail, let me tell ya about my day. Woke up and got all of my stuff done around the house. Cooked an awesome breakie and wolfed it down after my run and work out. I am loving this Spring weather. Everything in the gardens and landscapes are coming up so nicely! (I have a big green thumb and seriously love my botanical friends, anyway...)

Packed my little day bag, after checking in with friends and headed out into the city to just explore like I used to. It has been too long since I rambled far and wide, just in search of whatever adventure may come. Got called by Geoff and met him for some grub and then ended up at the Nelson Art Museum, playing on that huge lawn. I will post some pics eventually that I took, but am too lazy at the moment. Flew my kite for a couple of hours, listening all the while to Toad the Wet Sprocket, Dresden Dolls and my new fave band, Hillsong United! (shout out to Mathieu for turning me on to this amazing music, can't wait for the concert!)

As the sun dropped in the sky, I met some cool people from the KC Art Institute and was invited over to their place on the green to hang out and play. GOD! It has been sooooo long since I just played outside. Remember what that was like? Throwing Frisbee, playing hacky-sack, teasing the girls, running around like a holy terror, racing each other, chucking a football around and just generally celebrating life in a mix of sound, sunlight and smiles.

Wow...

So good and yeah, I have some new friends. I have always met good people there. Got invited to a party, but was seriously tired, so I packed up, exchanged hugs, hits, smiles and info and headed back home, where I hosed off and hit the sack.

That was my day...with no regrets. Hope all is well with you all. I am just getting ready to slug some java, rinse the bod off and head out into the world to do it all over again. 'Cept of course today I will be working...lol

Hmm...yep...that's it! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment