Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Rain and Bare Feets


I think some words and writing are in order after the last few awesome days I have had. So much in my head and heart to process and think over has left me less than verbose lately. Have taken some time off of work in order to get my head back on straight and kind of decompress and enjoy this amazing Spring that has sprung here in the Midwest.

The last three days have been beautiful weather, lots O' Sunshine and top down driving, augmented by good food, new and old friends and time well spent behind the wheel and wandering my fair city.

Yesterday found me at my usual haunts through out the day and then at the park flying my new kite. I so love this time of year, when fresh wind, fragrant earth and green grass conspire to bring smiles to this guys face. Went to dinner with Michael at Baja 600 (amazing food, drinks and service) and then we wandered the Plaza. Headed out later that night for another moonlit cruise with the car club and new friends.

Tonight we have a Tenenbrau service at Jacobs Well and Saturday night is an all night vigil till sunrise on Easter. Michael is headed back to his parents place for the weekend and I will be staying here to spend time with all of my family and friends. Life is good, simple and sweet.

Still waking up here at the moment, sipping coffee and cooling down after a long, hot shower. Kind of wrenched my back last night putting the hard top back on, but its mingling with all the other aches from my increased work outs and swimming that is steadily bringing my body back to summer condition, fit and form. Got some sun the last few days too, so really enjoying where this is going. Spring is definitely here and the sap is rising so to speak. I am never really sure what that means, except that it makes me horny and frisky all the time...go figure! :P

Not sure what all today has in store. Tonight is First Fridays in the Cross Roads district and a pack of us will be down, roaming the art galleries and eateries in order to enjoy the music, artwork, crowds of urban hipsters and good times. Then it's over to J-Dub for our Good Friday service and then I dunno...usually some good after parties and time to mingle with good peeps. Not sure what I am wearing tonight as the weather certainly has changed the last few hours.

Been sitting here this morning, watching a thunderstorm move over the trees and homes in the lake district, bringing scents and sounds of new life. I have missed thunder and that wet, clean smell that comes after a good shower. Got outside in it for a bit and just turned my face to the falling water and sky. Just let it wash over me and coat my skin. Goose bumps and all...it felt so good to be ALIVE!

It has blown over now and a subdued gray light has fallen on the refreshed earth. It smells soooo good outside. I wandered around a bit barefoot, just feeling the new blades of grass and damp fragrant ground tickle my feet. Kind of terra firma's way of saying, "Hello Daemon, I missed you. Come out and play!" The flowers and gardens are budding and blooming and everything around me is waking up to the possibility of newness.

Shrug off your woolen cloak of winter and join us! For tonight...we dance the moon and fires of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment