Thursday, April 15, 2010

Waking up is hard to do

Morning time again, grabbed a few minutes to put some words down before the activities begin in earnest. Kind of waking up and sipping my coffee (cold with half milk...lol) after a walk around the yard and watering all the gardens and flowers. Spring time...how I love thee...except for the pollen and crap that falls off the trees onto my cars when I forget to put them in the garage. Good thing I got that California Duster this Christmas. Thanks Mom and Dad! :)

Working today and then out with Michael tonight. Kind of excited I guess, since it's been a few days since we hung out. It has been interesting to meet his friends and get an idea of who and what he is when he is not with me. Big relief to see that it matches! Might grab some noodles tonight and keep it simple. Not feeling fancy I guess. Would rather relax and enjoy our time than waste it on being out and about messing with strangers and all. Maybe we can figure out what he wants to do with all the landscaping. I have not cooked for him yet, so maybe hit Sunfresh and eat at home? That would be a change. God knows he's lost in the kitchen, poor guy!

Just cut my hair and getting ready to lift and hit the shower. I so like having all my free weights and machines at the house. Saves on gym membership and drama. Body is doing well, but can't seem to get rid of this pain in my neck. Wrenched it the other night in bed and knew I was going to pay for it later. Guess this is later...what 5 days later? Oh well, such is the pains that come with time. I miss my teenage years where you don't even think about your body and it serves you well with boundless energy and a pain free grace. Youth is wasted on the young!

Going to have coffee with David on Friday if he doesn't have to head out of town on business. It has been a few weeks since I checked in with him and it will be good to download life and upload some advice and wisdom. I have been feeling a bit shaky in my faith lately, but I think it is due to listening too much to others and doubting in the dark what I have found in the light. It will be good to get his take on my current sitrep and find out what direction I should be taking at church. Starting to play a more active role in the Men's Group and leadership is sitting well on my shoulders. Interesting to be part of a pack again. Good, in fact. I have missed that really over the last few years since leaving the Navy. Soooo excited about the men's retreat too. Think I will be renting a cabin as the weather in April can always be dicey AND I will need some personal space as well. Camping would be great, but just another hassle as well. I will save the tent action for a vacation in the mountains this summer, where I have more control over logistics and do not have to be running herd on a bunch of guys.

Well, it just about 8 am, so I am going to call it quits and start my day. Hope and trust all is well with each of you and sorry today's post is a bit boring...lol Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment