Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ready to hit the Road

 Welp, I am worn out and a bit weary but am going to bed with a smile on my face. I spent the day preparing my car for the road trip and I am not satisfied that it will not only perform flawlessly, but also look fantastic. Tomorrow morning I head out on a road trip for beautiful Eureka Springs, Arkansas to join 250 other car enthusiasts for 5 days of driving the curves and attempting to pack as many miles into smiles as we can possibly manage. New brakes and rotors, fresh leather interior, oil change, filter changes, tune up, plugs and wires and set the timing and compression up a few notches for added performance. He is washed, waxed and ready to hit the road. Zoom, zoom! :D

The last few days this week have been an amazing time of setting my life in order and communicating with family and friends the new direction and purpose that I am setting out on and seeking. I cut loose some people in my life that were bringing me nothing but negativity and shrugged off the job that was doing nothing to advance my career and peace of mind. I truly feel like once again I have a clean slate and the time and resources to explore what my future holds. This vacation will be a great time to think and ponder what my next course of action will be. I know culinary school factors into the near future, but the where is still up in the air and I am okay with that.

I guess the only thing to do now is take a shower and hit the sack. I will be gone for awhile but am excited about the fun I am going to have with old friends and new people in a little town that I love. I have not been down there for 2 years and am anticipating a fantastic trip. Hope you all are well!

Daemon

1 comment:

  1. Is that a Mazda Miata? A nice set of wheels indeed and we have some wonderful twisty backroads here in the hills of New Brunswick for that car. Perfect for my Triumph Street Triple R too. I like your plan to dump some of the baggage in your life and move on. Don't dally too long before enrolling in a course; you should have your applications in now. Have a fun time. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete