Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Woke up this morning, after hitting the sack early, to a strange dream still lingering in my head. I do not remember all of it, but it involved shedding light on the lies and manipulations of those I work for (fictitious, not my real job, dream job) and then finding myself fired in a public setting, like a huge jury or tribunal of my peers in the company. I was treated like I was mentally imbalanced and dangerous! This all occurred at some huge corporate retreat in the hills of Northern California and I was left there, with my belongings (and my furniture for some reason?) in the middle of no where. I woke up with this tremendous feeling of loss, injustice and pain for telling the truth about what I saw happening and being paid back in a horrible manner by a group of people who SHOULD have welcomed what I was saying, as it effected their lives and future.

Weird...I cannot imagine what Jesus must have felt like at the eventual and final rejection He felt at the hands of his people. My people left me in the woods with no way home, they left Him on a tree to die...but HE had a way home! Wow! What a Saviour!

Anyway, it is Mothers Day and I am scampering about quietly trying to get today in order. I have the meat all prepped, the veggies ready, salad fixings assembled and now need to get ready for church. We are having a BBQ at my lil sis' place in the country with all the family and friends. I am so excited to hang out with them, as it has been awhile since my schedule has let me. It will be good to catch up and simply hang out. There is something magical that happens when you get my family together. I think it is that sense of belongingness and pride that one feels in being accepted and loved in a group. We are family!

I love my Mom!



Yeah, so kind of in a weird head space, but that is okay. Got coffee this morning with friends, church, family BBQ and then Michael and I will take off and do our own thing tonight. His family is a bit broken and scattered, so I feel for him today and know that he just needs someone to love on him. He is a single mother after all...with the doggieand all! :P

So, wherever you are, call your Mom, write her a note, send her flowers, just let her know you love her. If she is gone, say a prayer for her and express your love to another Mom you may see today. She just might be missing her kids too.

Peace,

Daemon

PS: Thank you so much for all the messages and email of encouragement. And a special thank you to Joe who sent me a tremendous care package in the form of truth. Check out his blog sometime at Joe's Blog

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great Day with your mom and family Daemon!! I will be going to a family mothers day party too. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damon's correct. My blog really is all that & a bag of chips. :P

    ReplyDelete