Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Headed to the Lake?



Wow...early morning today! Guess I am kind of excited? If I am not working today, I will be headed down to the Lake of the Ozarks for a few days to hang out with my friends. They are working this summer at a place on the water called Big Dicks Halfway Inn.

I am sooo not kidding. Google them! :)

So yeah, pretty much it all hinges upon if they need me to work. If not, then I am hitting the road and taking a mini-vacation I guess. Tuesday - Friday would be a nice change of pace. They have a great house right on the water and it would be good to just hang out and NOT be in Kansas City for a few days. I always love the open road anyway. So we shall see...

Something I have noticed lately is that my writing here has really suffered in quality and content. It is not that my life has changed all that much, or my world view and vision has changed, but a more subtle shift of perspective and tone has made me self censor to some extent. It is almost as if I am shy now and not really sure of myself when I confront a blank page. I don't have much to say about that, but am going to try to fix that and get my thoughts out again as they appear in my head. I find it cathartic, but have let others comments and crap inhibit me. Screw that noise!

All too often, others, in their attempt to "help" (read, control) like to suggest things to me that they feel would "help" me in the path I am on. To all of those small minded and limited thinking persons, please refrain. I am always open to criticism that is valid and offers a constructive view point and information, but if you are attempting to "assist" in my life merely by telling me "Daemon, don't" then please do not waste our time. Kaithnxbai!

Hmm...what else? Oh yeah, woke up at like 4:18 this morning and am getting stuff ready. It totally blows that I do not know if I am leaving until 9 am, but such is life when one is always on call for work. Mental note, lose this job, acquire another one. I am getting sick and tired of having my time spoken for in such a random way. Either I am working or I am not. That is how I see it. So hard to plan my life when others seem to pick and chose when they want my help. LOL...just looked up and saw a commercial for that "Shake Weight" thing. That it freakin' hilarious. Who are these people who buy something off of television? Bunch of oxygen thieves if you ask me.

Need to start working on the talk I am going to give at the next Guys Breakfast. Emotions...that is going to be the topic. Fun, huh? I had to open my big mouth and ask why no one talked about how they felt at the last one, and Art was like...good call! You lead a hosted conversation on this next time. LOL! So we shall see.

Did I mention that I am excited? I so want to hit the road, but everything needs to fall into place. Guess I will get packed and cleaned up. Hmm...wonder if they need any more help down there this summer? I could totally dig working on the water all summer. Just hop back and forth from the city as needed, though that would totally blow for Michael...yeah...so nah. No can do. Sounded nice for a split second. :(

Eh, I am out of here. Things to do and miles to go before I sleep. Take care ya'll!

Daemon

1 comment: