Monday, May 10, 2010

Thinking...



So many thoughts this morning, as I go about my tasks. Simply putting life in order today seems a burden. A weight is on me. Nothing takes my mind away from the reality that I am operating under.

Why do things seem so shades of gray?

Why the rain?

How do I bring light into a place that seems so dark at times? How to I uphold, lift and sustain those in my life that I find so dear?

In taking care of others, I find that I am neglecting myself and all that I have hope for. Cutting my candle in half and burning all four ends is how I put it to Michael the other night. If I am not there for myself, then I am no use to others.

I can only burn so hard, so hot and so bright for others for so long...

In need of strength and help I am.

I am turning around and around, my eyes falling on so many different situations and trials. How to make it right? How to find my way? How to carry myself and others through this place of pain and loss?

Why is it all so unfair at times?

How can so many, need so much, all at the same time?

I need to gather myself, into myself and prepare for this journey.

I will walk with you...if you will walk with me.

I need Him.

No peace yet.

2 comments:

  1. I knew you must have been thinking recently. I could smell wood burning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song. Ya it can be overwhelming at times seeing all the needs of the people around us and ourselves as well. Humans are a needy bunch even if we sometimes are good at hiding it. I think God made us that way so that we could see that what we really need is Him. I have found that the only thing that ever satisfies is God's love.

    I am slowly learning that one of the most important aspects of being a Christian is to carry each others burdens and support each other so the load is lighter yet heavier at the same time. Lighter in that others can help you with your burden but heavier as then you are carrying their burden as well. Luckily Jesus is stronger than all of us and can handle all of our burdens even when they seem overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete