Monday, May 10, 2010

This is the First Day...



Woke up this morning with this song running through my head. No alarm, no noise, no odd dream, just waking up to the gentle sound of a spring rain tapping softly on the sky light. The room was cast in a muted gray, green light, as I had shut the curtains last night before I went to bed. More like crashed into bed...lol I was so tired after Mother's Day was finally over.

It started at 5 am, when I got up and started putting it all together. All the things that it takes to make a successful day for those I love and the one I care about. Headed off to church and got a surprise! My friend Keas was preaching for Mother's Day! He was an intern at my church all last fall and summer and it was awesome to get to know him and share life with such an amazing follower of Jesus. He is graduating from Princeton this week, but took the time to swing by and catch up with his friends here in Kansas City. He has been all over the world in the short time he has been on the earth and truly lives out his faith and His love to others. Check out his blog if you want. He is one cool cat!

Keas Keasler and his Blog

Caught up with a few friends and made plans for our Men's Breakfast this next Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and sharing some time and space. Talked to David for a second and then it was off to swing by 303 to make an appearance and love on my community for a bit. Good to see Gene and Jeff and they were soooo busy for Mother's Day brunch! Made a round of the place and then jumped back in the car to swing by the house and grab the meat, charcoal and salad fixings. I was so glad the weather was nice and I had the top down all day!

Grabbed the food and headed out into the country to my little sisters house. She had some friends over already and the cooking had commenced. Met them and got my apron on and cooked some MEAT! Boneless Beef Spare ribs, Pork Baby Backs, Kansas City Strip Steak, Garlic Chicken, Italian sausage, Brats...om, nom, nom! We also had fresh snapped green beans, some kick ass stuffed ravioli and pesto (brothers wife is Italian) salads, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, fresh baked bread and finished with Chocolate covered strawberries, Cheesecake with Fresh fruit, Cupcakes (made by my little nieces and nephews with SOME help) and coffee!

Finally when the feeding was all over, everyone settled back with some good wine and the talking started. So GOOD to spend time with Mom and Dad, my siblings, their partners and various friends. Caught up with Bryan, my oldest brother and spent some time talking about life, business, our relationships, our parents, all the business and shop that brothers who are now adults have to handle.

I am so blessed by family and Mom...you made all this happen....with a little help from Dad of course! :D

So yeah, got out of there and actually came home and crashed pretty hard. It had been a long day and I was weary. Michael just relaxed all day. He needed to rest up for another big week and does not have the luxury of time that seems to be present in my life right now. It would have been SO good to have him there, but I understood too. We're gonna wait on that for a bit, time will tell us when it's right to start sharing family. Man, he is in my thoughts so much lately. I am pretty sure I am kind of falling in love, but this is so different than anything in the past. Is it possible that I am getting it right this time? He is such a gift!

So yeah, rain today...grrr...but everything looks so green and beautiful. It is about time for me to head out so I will wrap this up. Another week is beginning and...

It IS the first day of the rest of my life! I am so excited! Such an encouragement to know that I get to do this thing all over again, for at least one more day!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that food sounds so good!! No wonder you were so tired when you got home after eating all that!

    ReplyDelete