Monday, January 4, 2010

Clarity


Stepped outside this morning in my pj's and hoodie and simply stared at the sky and snow covered landscape around me. A moment of clarity came...but was so fleeting.

I tried to grasp it and hold on, make it work for me and push it through different areas of my head hoping to find some insight in areas that have me confused right now, but it was not to be.

The simple thought I was left with was, "This is my life."

Now that may not seem like a profound statement, or even something that would shake another person in any way, but that clean, clear thought brought several things home to me and also gave me a bit of direction to my path.

Nothing is "happening" to me.

This is what it is...and it is amazing, interesting, inspiring, sobering and pause worthy. This is the man I am, oh, and I am a man too. Not just as a male, but as an adult. Huh? When did that happen?

I guess what I am saying is, it is good to be making choices again. Life isn't just happening anymore...it is becoming what I make of it.

May I do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment