Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hmmm...


Woke up this morning with the first thought on my mind to delete my post of last night and resume business as un-normal.

For those of you who read it, my sincere apologies, but that is where I was living in my head place and heart space last night. To recap for those fortunate enough not to see it, simply put, I had a moment of clarity last evening and it spilled over into this venue. I am a materialistic fool who indulges himself and his wants without a thought for the future. I place resources and things away for my eventual retirement, to be sure, but also spend sums to placate this wanting in my soul...and it does not satisfy. For a moment maybe, but it is not true peace.

As I choke down my vitamins and protein this morning, the moral inventory and visual perusal of the physical plant finds me sorely lacking. Raw posts, without the filter of reason and present sight are not a good thing, though honest. In the future I will refrain, or at least attempt to sort my thoughts before placing them here.

To those who were offended...I simply ask forgiveness.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, what are you apologizing for? Low points are just as important to the story. To be genuine, and not deceptive--that takes courage. Show courage. Don't be afraid to show your brokenness. we are all broken, remember?

    Love you Damon. Let's talk SOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damon, if only more Christians shared raw emotion and how they were really feeling, the church and the world would be a healtheir place. Even though we haven't met in person, I love you for being willing to share your raw emotion sometimes. We all feel it at times, but it gets stuffed under the veneer of wanting to meet the Christian standard. And especially on blogs, they're supposed to be places where we can unload and process stuff. So process on, brother....

    ReplyDelete