Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Laid up

Welp...it was such a beautiful day to start off with and now I find myself pretty much an invalid for the time being. Drove out around the lakes to Lees Summit to meet with a friend, spent some time on the docks helping buddies land boats and get ready for fall, hit the new coffee shop out by the college and then headed back into town. Decided to stop by the shop to take some pics of some car parts for one of the hot rods and all was going well...

Till I dropped a T-5 Wold Class transmission on my foot as a result of slipping a disc and pinching a major nerve in my lower back. One minute I am standing there like a stud carrying an ginormous gear box and bell housing, next second I am doubled over barking and yelping in pain. Soooo thankful I was wearing my steel toed Docs today! Something in my back gave way at the wrong time and it took me forever to get back to my feet. My back kept spasming and each time, my legs buckled and I fell over. Talk about feeling helpless! My phone was in the car, I had fenders and running boards laid out all over the place, at least I didn't drop my new camera AND I had all the pics I needed. Thank God for small favors.

I finally got my sorry, broken ass back to the car  looking like some deranged guy who had been rode hard and put up wet and managed to drive home, grimacing all the way at every bump and each light I had to wait out..  Got my butt in the house, slammed down some Tylenol with a slug of Bacardi 151 and laid flat on the hardwood floor for a bit. Then I realized I had an important meeting to get to at 3 pm, so I called my Doctor and met him at his office for an emergency consult. He took some X-Rays, gave me a couple of shots for the pain, zapped my back with some electro-stimulus (which feels amazing!) and set up a follow up for tomorrow. The meds kicked in with  a snarfed lunch in enough time for me to shower, throw a suit on and head down into the city. Trying to tie dress shoes was impossible, so I went with some square toed Italian loafers. Needless to say, the meeting was a riot what with my yelping every time my back twitched, as well as my silly banter and goofiness as I started getting higher than a kite on the codiene pills. LOL Jeremy did NOT know what was wrong/right with me...

Made it back home after a great talk with Jeremy and a new business opportunity that I am helping him with, despite my silly condition, and am now safely ensconced  in the house with no plans but to rest my back, ice it down, keep my feet up and take it easy for a few days.

What a freakin' pissah!

I did NOT need this right now, especially with all I have planned this week and next. I am not sure what the point of all this is, but I certainly will be moving slower for the next few weeks till this heals up. So meh...that has been my day so far. I'll be home and hopped up on the good stuff till further notice. Michael is bringing over some food, movies and books for me...so at least someone will be checking on me. I guess I don't have to worry about getting laid for a bit. How flippin' ironic is that?! I couldn't hump anyone if my life depended on it!

Starting to feel a bit woozy and bizarre now, so am going to stop writing here before it gets too weird. If I start posting random shit the next few days, I apologize in advance, or not? What the heck? Might do some of my best writing yet! At least it is really beautiful outside and I think I can manage to hobble out onto the deck with my crutches. Hope I don't fall asleep outside, wander off into the neighborhood or end up in the lake. Best keep my phone on me...I feel pretty strange.

Daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment