Friday, September 17, 2010

Thank God it's Friday!

What a beautiful morning! About 70 degrees and sunny, slight breeze and everything is still green and happy. Kind of worn out from yesterday, but in pretty good spirits. Simple weekend planned and going to spend some more time with myself as I get the chance, as these last 5 days were kind of a whirlwind socially.

Tuesday got out and played soccer with my team that we started up for the fall. Was so good to be back in between the goal posts and diving for shots! Got some new gloves and shoes, so looking pretty sharp too. I had missed playing so much and didn't even realize it. Still not sure if I am going to join the rugby club, but still am interested. My friend Cory is playing with them now and it looks like so much fun! Need to get my head together with Garreth and see what he thinks. I am pretty sure I can balance the two, practices, games and all that, just a matter of making choices about my free time. We ended up winning our practice game against the Pembrook guys (Yay!), but we still need a lot of work on defense and working together. I was pretty exposed most of the second half, took way to many shots on me and my guards and midfield need to start talking more. Offense is really looking awesome, good crosses, corner kicks and aggression. My center striker, Micah, is AMAZING. Been playing since he was six and I kind of cherry picked him off the Avalino Club team...lol  Going to be a great season I am sure!

Wednesday night, a group of us guys from one of my car clubs got together for a man night and we all packed into our local and spent some time getting to know each other better. I only had a three beer and a few obligatory shots, but spread that out over 5 hours and really just enjoyed myself and their antics. One of my good friends Chase, drove in from out of town to join us and he was definitely the life of the party. He is only 21 years old and is also the only other "out" gay guy in the club. We get a lot of teasing and shit from the guys about being mo's but it is all in good fun. They know that we can handle a wrench and drive with the best of them, so there is mutual respect all around. Ran into my friend Haley on her 21st birthday that night. She was celebrating with her whole family and twin brother. (who incidentally is just as hot as her...lol) Chase ran off and got on their party bus and toured a few places with them before her Dad realized they had a stow away and the bus pulled back up later. Her Dad got off, holding Chase by the back of the shirt and asked me, "Is this yours?" We all died laughing! I guess they had been backtracking to find out where he went, and of course he wasn't much help at all. I think he was angling to put the moves on Haley's brother, but struck out.

We had a good time out on the deck, talking cars, guns, politics and anything else that came up and finally headed our own ways at about 10:30 pm. Some of them went nuts on the tab and I think all told we dropped about $800.00 there, including tip. I am pretty sure we made that waitress' night! We all chipped in to cover Chase since he has it rough at the moment and is so cute and agreed that this definitely needs to be a once a month affair. Just guys, getting away from all the boyfriends, girlfriends, wives and families to unwind a bit and enjoy ourselves. Had been awhile for me to hang with all of them and also glad I kept my head about me and stayed sober. I think they thought I was going to take Chase home with me and that we would hook up or something, but I sent him home with one of the married guys and they baby sit him for me. That was a relief, since that would have been too much temptation for us both and we don't want to screw that friendship up. He is a great guy, heart of gold, killer smile and body...but he is also my friend and I respect and care about him too much to be stupid, even though it would be fun!

Yesterday was easy. Sold some car parts I have been collecting, grabbed coffee at the Broadway Cafe and then headed over to The B to hang out with Jeff, Michael and all the guys. Shot some pool, caught up on life and then got home early for a good nights rest. This being responsible thing is sure fitting me well. I am glad to be making good decisions with my time and body.

Other good new, got tested yesterday. HIV Negative! Which is a great thing Woot, Woot, Woot! I really wasn't too worried this time round, but still, it is always kind of stressful. For those of you who are sexually active, do yourself and your partners a favor and get tested at least every 6 months. It is the safe and responsible thing to do. Know your status and be safe.

Hmm...I really need to blog about that whole relationship sometime, but would have to ask him first. He is a very private guy and I don't want to share anything he is not comfortable with. I still feel for him so much and am blessed for the time we have shared. Just weird being friends now, kind of.

So spiritual stuff. Many things swirling around in my head. Making peace with myself and God about how to live this life out. I know who I am and had to stop listening to all the people who kept trying to pull me over to their side of thinking. They may have meant well, but it seemed so controlling and a sad way to live. The trying to not be oneself can never be healthy. I love who I am! God made me just the way he wants me and I am going to stop stressing out about how someone else may believe and live my life. I am gay and I am a Christian, get used to it. :)

Almost time to go running. I am back in better shape and am loving how I feel and look. Hair is growing out and I got it trimmed yesterday. Looks good! All in all, a good decision. With some new glasses and longer hair now, some of my friends aren't sure who I am from a distance...LOL  I am sure my head will stay warmer this winter too, though it still is strange to have to wash it, use conditioner and then do something with it. Many days I just shove a ball cap on and roll with it. Works for me!

Well, enough rambling I suppose, got to get my day going. Will write more as I think about stuff, hope you are all well. Might have a date tonight, who knows? Wish me luck!

Daemon

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Daemon,

    I always enjoy keeping up with your blog.

    I've noticed that over the last couple months you seemed to question how sex fits into your Christian life. I really don't understand how a devoted Christian can come to the conclusion that you seem have come to (i.e. gay sex is ok, because God made you that way). Now, admittedly, I'm not even sure that I'm Christian at this point, but based on the Christian Scriptures and tradition I just don't see any way that gay sex is permissible.

    Furthermore, the Christian emphasis is always on sex within a life-long, committed relationship. So even if one comes to the conclusion that gay sex is ok for Christians, I don't see how it can be viewed as permissible outside of a life-long, committed relationship...

    Please don't think that I'm in any way condemning you. After all, I don't even think I'm a Christian at this point. I'm just curious how you were able to reach these apparent conclusions....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great questions, GayPK, and I am going to have to think a bit in order to frame my answer in a well thought out way.

    The simple answer, or preview, would be that I do not believe in "christian traditions" and I believe that the interpretations of the Bible that have always been used to condemn my sexuality are flawed in premise and context. Simply laying out the framework of doctrine is going to take quite a bit of work, but I think I am up to the challenge.

    I think sex between two people is IDEAL when it is in a long term, committed loving relationship, but all too often that is not a reality that exists. I think it is a great goal to strive for, but simply is not practical in practice.

    I live in a real world, without illusions of my strengths or weakness. The enormous stigma and taboo that Americans have about sex, especially "christians" never ceases to amaze me. No other topic inflames more debate and rhetoric.

    I hope that soon I will have the time to lay out all the "clobber" passages and explain my position based on the Bible and what I see there. Personal convictions and beliefs also play a large role.

    At one time in my short spiritual life, I too believed as you did, but also knew that something was vastly wrong with the world of faith based groups, if they were to condemn me with their teachings to a life of celibacy.

    I will get my thoughts together and hope to come back later and blog about what I think and believe about sex.

    Thanks for the questions...now you have me thinking.

    Daemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daemon,

    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. You know, even though some (much?) of the Bible doesn't make sense to me (which is one of the reasons I have issues with Christianity), I do understand the life-long relationship demand. There's something beautiful about a life-long relationship. A life-long relationship may seem impractical, but the impracticality of it seems to be what gives such relationships so much beauty.

    I work in a elderly care facility. There's one lady who has had severe Alzheimer's disease for years and is now unable to communicate at all and remains in one position due to her contractures. Nevertheless, every day her husband comes to the facility to feed her lunch. That's impractical. And that's beautiful.

    In psychology there's the concept of two types of love, passionate and companionate. Passionate love is temporary, but it involves sexual feelings and intense emotion. Companionate love is warm, trusting, tolerant affection for another whose life is deeply intertwined with yours. If the commitment is lacking, I don't think it's possible to really experience that depth of love. Companionate love will be lost in a never-ending search for more passionate love.

    I've seen how love matures in life-long relationships. That mature love is definitely something worth striving for, and it I don't think it can be obtained outside of a life-long, committed relationship.

    cont...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the topic of homosexual sex, for a Christian I do think church tradition on this matter needs to be considered. After all, it was church tradition that ultimately determined what would be included in the Canon of Scripture.

    I would be interested in hearing how you interpret the passages of Scripture apparently condemning homosexuality. However, I have looked into the common attempts to reconcile those passages with homosexual relationships and do not find them compelling.

    As I mentioned, I'm not really "christian" right now. Even if I completely ignore religion, I still see indications that homosexual sex isn't the best form of sex. I strongly believe in evolution, and from an evolutionary perspective gay sex does not make sense. There is an obvious evolutionary reason why males produce sperm and females produce eggs. Sorry, but there ain't no way of getting around that. If I'm perfectly honest with myself, I have to admit that male-female sex seems to be the way it was meant to be.

    Anyway, look forward to reading your more detailed response to this topic in the future.

    ReplyDelete