Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello

My brain is all over the place this morning, which is odd, because I know that I got plenty of rest. Spent yesterday at home, puttering around the house and relaxing, avoiding the heat really and also for lack of anything pressing on my to do list. It was good to curl up with a book, watch a movie, cook myself some simple meals and take a break from seeing other faces.

The weekend was great! Celebrated my Dad's b-day on the 12th, then my parents anniversary on the 15th, went to the River Market on Saturday morning, had lunch with a blog buddy and friend that was in town that afternoon and then wrapped it up with Father's Day on the 17th. That entailed a lot of dinners, gifts, cards and family and kind of wiped me out a bit. I love my family, but all that going on in one week can take a lot of energy. Kicked back on Sunday evening with some close friends and had a BBQ at my friend Keith's house. He cooked an amazing meal and a group of us guys just hung out, ate, enjoyed the weather and talked. I can't think of a better way to round out a busy and amazing weekend, but after all that I needed a break.

I still am not ready to think and try to tackle anything on my writing list. It looks to be a beautiful day, so I may just spend it with myself wandering around. Stay out all day instead of in. Don't need to catch up on with the yard work as every thing still looks fresh and sharp. The house is clean, laundry is done, no errands to run, just a blank slate of hours to amuse myself and avoid being productive. I can do that. :)

Wish I had more to say at the moment but that really is all that is in my mind. No conflicts, no drama, no questions, no nothing really. I think I will take a shower, slurp some coffee, throw on some cargo shorts, a white t-shirt and kicks and just go enjoy myself. Pack a bag with some snacks, water and a book. Grab my kite and frisbee. Sounds like a good plan for a adventure. Go see what I can see. Wonder who else will be doing the same thing?

daemon

No comments:

Post a Comment