Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A great morning

Woke up this morning at 6 am with a bit of a cough still lingering, after a simple 3 day weekend. I can't say that I did anything earthshaking or exciting in my time off of work, but I did treat myself to much rest and singular activities. All too often my free time gets eaten up by friends and family who do not seem to understand the concept that I need all the "me time" I can carve out of this busy schedule that seems to find me as of late.

The car is cleaned and waxed, sitting in his spot, waiting to be taken out for an early morning drive. Coffee is dripping with the aroma and excitement of another new day begun and I am slowly putting my thoughts in order and waking up to the idea that today is going to kick some serious ass!

This week is shaping up rather nicely with free evenings, simple plans with those I love and the promise that Spring is finally with us. Taking a mental and physical inventory catalogues a few aches and pains to be concerned over and the express decision to make more healthy decisions for a while. It is not that I have been neglecting my physical body, but the self-indulgence and laziness that seems to hound guys with leisure time and resources is slowly taking its toll on me. Time to whip it all into shape for a summer of sun and fun. Got to look good naked is always a good place to start!

Work today should be a blast. We have a good line up and I enjoy the time I spend with peers and friends, doing what we do, so we can leave and do what we love. I am thinking about heading out for a drive soon as the sun comes up over the water and then spend some quiet time at the coffee shop journaling and maybe getting some photographs taken about town.

Life is finding its rhythm finally as we all shake off the mantle and gray of winter. What all does this year hold? I am going to use more time to simply be present to my reality, instead of finding conflict and question over each and every decision that I make. I think now that it may be possible for one individual to be too introspective and contemplative at times. Living for livings sake kind of got lost in the shuffle along the way.

Note to self: drop off copies at the attorneys for perusal, fill car with gas, move sweaters and winter gear into storage, call your Mom, don't forget to take movies back to Blockbuster, make plans for Friday and Saturday with Michael (he wants to see the Blind Side and eat at Bo-Lings, that I know so far...) check out flower beds and garden plot, plan south side renovation and lay out, request off work for the Mens Retreat and jury duty, deposit checks and review 401K.

So yeah, it is a great morning to be alive. 'Bout to slam some pre-coffee shop coffee and hit the shower. Wish my back wasn't hurting and sore, but we can't have everything I suppose? I really need a massage. Might call Karl at the spa later. What to do tonight? Guess I will follow my nose...

No comments:

Post a Comment