Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Three days off...





Why is that even when I stay up till dawn to watch the sunrise, even after a bit of sleep, my body simply wakes up again and the day starts all anew? As I sit here, a bit groggy, and take in all the sunlight and music that greets this days start and a yawn splits my face, I contemplate three whole days off of work!

Now, before I go planning a short road trip or wander off, I do have somethings that I need to get done and obligations to keep. I have grown up a bit over time. Got the car club meeting tonight and I sure they would like to see me and the new beastie. There are still things to put away around the house and some cleaning to do, all the usual domestic tasks that fall to me, as far as I know. 'Cause I have looked around and still can't find that butler, maid or husband anywhere! :P

So yeah, got some time to enjoy me and this new idea of spring. Definitely need to wash the SE and get him waxed up for tonight. Got to make a good impression, though I know they will love it. I think he will be the only British Racing Green Special Edition in the club to date. I am sure Deb will try to rope me into all the Snake Day Parade stuff, but I don't have the time this year, for that or the Colorado trip, though I would love that one. Just not with them? Is that a bad thing? I would do that drive and all, just with strangers! Hmm...

Need to pick up three pairs of swimming trunks for Jeff for his trip to Aruba. He leaves on Sunday with everyone and I know he is soooo excited. He deserves a vacation, so good for him! (even this guy is still just a 'lil jealous)

Wow...so yeah...not a lot on the list to fill three whole days. Got the International Car Show on Thursday with Michael and his friend from Atlanta, that will be awesome! And got everything started of right last night by actually getting home, alone and in one piece. I wasn't really sure after seeing the turn out of friends and community at 303. One of my friends manged to text and call me at a opportune time and I was able to extricate myself from the evening and all its festivities. Got to love that!

So yeah...three days...I know they will be good. I mean, it was nice to "sort of" sleep in today! :) Something I have been thinking about so might throw it out there...

To the few people who read this blog...anyone have any questions for me? I know as I read other peoples stuff, much comes to mind, but I don't pry or really ask them anything, especially when I do not know them that well.

If there is something you'd like to know about me? (within reason and good taste) I will do my best to answer them the next three days...or whenever someone might get around to asking. Just post em in your comments here, I guess?

Later all!

1 comment:

  1. I've only read your blog for the past 3 days or so, and I'm really humbled by how candid your writing is. I think being honest with yourself is necessary before you can be honest with anybody else. And for sure, we're all good at fooling ourselves at times.

    Your title (One guy's musings as he wanders the earth) has had me thinking a little. Do you always feel that you're just wandering around, so to speak? What are the organizing principles in your life? (Not sure how old you are, though you may have said it somewhere.) What are your concrete goals for the next 6 months?

    Personally, I am dealing with these questions myself, and I cannot easily give answers to them. (I am about your age, I think.)

    On the way home tonight, I was thinking how that I need to make more effort to encourage people. I find myself looking from encouragement from others, but not really encouraging them. What is boils down to, is whther the focus is all the time on ME or whether I am helping somebody ELSE, to see the beauty of life, to boost their morale, to be more like Jesus. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete