Sunday, March 21, 2010

Morning Wood




Hmm...just woke up awhile ago and the day is already looking good. Yesterday was awesome. Quick rundown, Lunch at 303 (KC Strip and jacket potato) with all the guys. Watched the KU game at the Buzzard. Cigars at Fidel's. Back to 303 for appetizers. (Calamari, yum!) Did some shopping on the Plaza (new white silk bomber scarf) and then dinner at Blanc Burger. (only the most amazing selection of gourmet burgers, fries, beers and sodas on the planet! well at least in Kansas City...) who knew Steve had a twin brother? LOL

Mind you...this was ALL accomplished in a blinding snowstorm...all day long! The trip home after a long full day was nerve wracking since the plows were STILL not out on the streets...but all is well that ends well! :) Not THAT was a good day off...despite the freaking nasty weather.

So woke up this early Sunday morning wondering what today holds. Coffee is brewing, It is cold and icy outside...but it is going to be a good day! I cannot wait for church! I have a feeling I need to hear something today, and while that scares me a bit, I am also excited. Life is starting to get interesting again.

Had an awesome talk with my Dad yesterday about where I am at in life at the moment. Career, goals, retirement, cars...that somehow spun off into a real candid talk about my dating life, relationships, (past and present) sexuality and the current norms and views in today's society both IN and OUT of the church. Kind of cool, huh? We are both in agreement that the Church has it all fucked up and wrong with how and where they meet people with truth concerning their struggle or lack there of with homosexuality. So far from correct as to be hateful, vile and nasty to people, other humans, who are searching for truth and faith.

Needless to say, we had great time talking about the past, what life looked like then, questions he had for me that had gone unanswered and generally just enjoying each others company as men. Talk about some validation and affirmation that I needed! :) Have I mentioned that I love my Dad?

So yeah, today is church this morning at Jacobs Well, then lunch with whoever wants to go, (maybe Stephen if he shows up, I miss that dude) and then...uh...who knows? Need to call Michael today in the afternoon and see what he has going on. Prolly all snuggled up on the couch with Fallon and NOT getting out...LOL :)

Eh...we will see what happens. This does not look like, or feel like Spring! But I am okay with that now.

Peace.


PS: about that title...that is what woke me up this morning...as usual...cause I had to build a fire...thought this post was gonna be about my dick...didn't ya? :P

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, brother. Always good. Love you, too, man, and I pray for you regularly. Maybe talk sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture screams "Future Toothpicks!"

    ReplyDelete