Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sunny day and peace...



Just got back from picking up some car parts for my Dad. I so enjoy spending time with him and catching up on all those years and time that we missed as I grew up. Simple tasks like changing the oil, doing yard work, going to car shows, helping with his hot rods or just watching him have a blast shooting some new gun that I bought him. I love him so much and aspire to be the man that he is someday. So from me to you Dad...you are my hero. Thanks for investing all that you have into my life and always being an example to me of what education, hard work and perseverance can build. Each time I see you, I am reminded that some things turn out right. If I can carry your name further in this world and bring just a measure of pride to you, I will count myself a success as your son.

That being said...it is an amazing day here in the Midwest. Though the rest of the weeks weather bodes ill for us (low of 27 degrees!) today is a day that smiles are made of. The sun is out. It is warm and breezy. Flowers and bulbs are coming up and the birds have been singing since 4 am. I am about ready to wash one of my cars, yank the top off and do some serious driving with no destination in mind. Just music, wind and rowing through the gears. Hopefully I can find some curves to hug today and the po-po won't be hiding around some corner waiting for me!

Yeah...that's about it right now. I am happy and going to go enjoy my day. Got my homework done for class. That was not fun, but it is done and I have the rest of the day to enjoy. I might not even shave and just sport the day off scruff...but I prolly will shave. :) I want to give a shout out to my friend Mathieu who is having a rough day. Hope it goes better for you and wherever you are, you are smiling now. We are all loved man, somedays we just feel it more than others.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment