Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A new day!


So woke up this morning to another awesome song playing a bit too loudly and rolled over and saw the sun streaming through the drapes and realized...it is another new day! I get to do it all over again! :)

Stepped outside to check the weather (much more reliable than those talking heads on the noise box) and am now going about my morning rituals and patterns. That sounded scary I guess. I meant that I am slurping my coffee, checking out my face in the mirror (who is that guy?) and generally getting ready for today in the best way possible.

All too soon it will be time to hit the shower and put some clothes on, but I am taking a few minutes to read, check in with God and write a few words here. What is it about life that just continually fascinates me and keeps me so full of joy, even in the midst of the turmoil and confusion I see around me so often?

Am I too simple to realize its complexities, or just content and happy enough to not be deeply bothered by all the circumstances that others seem to fixate on? I truly am a happy person by nature and just really dig each and every day. I guess if I thought hard enough, I could remember some bad days that I have had, but those seem to fade with each new opportunity for personal greatness and service.

That is one thing that makes me full of joy to be alive. Purpose in life and being of some good to others and contributing in my way to a better today. People need me and I can make them happy by simply doing what is required, asked and over and above what is expected. I live to serve.

So yeah, fell asleep last night perusing the latest schematics for in ground thermonuclear reactors that may soon be used in remote areas for electrical power generation. The amount of tech they are able to back into such small packages amazes me! It is good to see that the research and possibility that has been harnessed to military applications is finally working its way into the civilian sector in order to service the common man and his real or perceived needs. Two different models are in the works and I have to hand it to Toshiba for the ingenious design of the self limiting containment module. Talk about confidence in their people, to let a reactor go un-contained and unchecked to prove that it literally will cease its function in the absence of the operation of the cooling plant. I can't wait to see how this concept is realized in production and how the civilian sector will react (pun intended) to the availability of a renewable energy source that does not rely on fossil fuels.

Random I know, sorry, but it made for some interesting dreams. Think 12 Monkeys meets White Squall...hmmm

Back to today, work till 5 of course and then how to fill this evening with good things? I know that I am not alone in the hopes that this day will be full of peace and that in some small way I will learn, grow and share life with people who love themselves, me and others.

Time to get rolling I guess. The car is clean, the clothes are ready, breakfast is made, lunch is packed, phone is charged, shoes are shined. Yep, yep...here I go!

Leave you with these words:

Jude 24-25

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

I am liking it! So to all of you, have a good day! I know I am! :)

1 comment:

  1. Purpose in life: that's what I was considering earlier today. Not sure about you, but the days where I talk with people, and have meaningful conversations, seem to be worth far more than those when all I do is knock things off a checklist. I'm convinced that business is one of the enemies of purposeful living. (Just as much as laziness is.) Anyway, I'm new to your blog and have enjoyed several of your posts. That coffee, by the way, looks more French than American.

    ReplyDelete