Monday, October 5, 2009

Peace



I don't have much to say tonight. The day was great. Had some awesome time driving around, listening to worship music, talking to my myself and God. Met some cool new people at the coffee shop too. Writers, artists, ballet dancers, homeless kids...all of 'em.

A friend sent me that message below from Gateway this morning and I reflected on it all day long. My church (www.jacobswellchurch.org) is full of Gods love and accepting of everyone that comes into our community. We are called to minister as a people to the fringe, to making the outsider into the insider. The gospel is for the whole world, not just a select few.

I know that certainly happened in my case. I was the worst, and they loved me, told me to come as I am, and let Jesus do the changing and cleaning. I was never given a list of thou shalt or shalt not, but was encouraged to pray, read the Bible, seek Gods face in my decisions. It is amazing how God works like that.

There is a peace in my life tonight, a calm and rested feeling that comes from being in Gods will, as scary as it may be right now. I know I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

I reflected on this prayer today as I sat outside. I picked it up from a friend who is at a monastary right now.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment