Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And now for something completely different...






Isaiah 43:18-19 and 25
(KJV)

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.



At the very beginning of this day, when sleep did not come, these are the words that I found while reading. My days are getting longer with schedule and work, but good things are here for me if I will open my eyes and look. It makes me remember that phrase in Psalms where David said, "Early in the morning will I seek thee..."


Challenges are about rising to them, overcoming, and becoming stronger and wiser in the face of adversity. I would never have gained the body that I currently have without exertion and resistance training. Each day is posing a new course, each question seeks an answer. While I do not understand all the ways that God is taking me in this life, I can see at least just one more step.

And that is all I need to see today. Just that one step, that next decision, a simple act of obedience. I don't don't know who holds tomorrow...but I know who holds my hand.

Isaiah 43:18-19 and 25 (the Message)

"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.

It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands.

"But I, yes I, am the one who takes care of your sins—that's what I do.

I don't keep a list of your sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment