Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Readying myself for?


Everything is just about ready for tomorrow. Turkey is smoked and the ham is ready to go. Fresh bread and the pies are done. Morning will find me putting the potatoes, rice and vegetables together and making the trek to the family (with Stephen and maybe Mark?) to celebrate our National Holiday of Thanksgiving.

But what the heck is thankfulness?!

"warm friendly feelings of gratitude" or "expressive of gratitude"

or maybe

Main Entry: thank·ful
Pronunciation: \ˈthaŋk-fəl\
Function: adjective
Date: before 12th century

1 : conscious of benefit received we are about to receive make us truly thankful>
2 : expressive of thanks
3 : well pleased : glad

thank·ful·ness noun


But...that is still not what Thanksgiving is about to me. I am not going to spend time listing the many people, places, things and ideas I am thankful for, because this is just another rabbit trail in my head, but I need to make sure the people I love, who will be with me tomorrow, know, hear and see that I am conscious and expressive of my gratitude for them and their involvement in my life.


Moving along...it was a good day. Simple really and not too rocky. Saw some awesome art (wind sculptures) and enjoyed coffee and exploring in some free time. Had something odd happen at work. I was helping some clients (mother and daughter) and they started talking about me to each other. Mind you, I was standing right there...in front of them...and they carried on a conversation about how I looked and what they liked as if I wasn't even in the room! I was shocked enough at first, that I told myself they couldn't possibly be doing this, or talking about me, but...they were? I was flattered and embarrassed all at the same time, but it was odd to hear what I look like to females, or at least how they perceive me?


I feel like something is starting up, kind of a large movement of the unknown in my life. Am I ready for it? Whatever "it" may be? Kind of nervous about tomorrow. Stephen has met my parents before, but this will be the first time we all have spent a day together, and my siblings, and extended friends. Scared, happy and excited? Not real sure...but it will be great...I hope!


Sorry for the random. That is all that is in my head right now. Alot on my heart that I need to talk about, but everyone is busy...just like me. I will ponder I guess and try to work stuff out. Grrrr...


No comments:

Post a Comment