Monday, November 23, 2009

Love...somewhere?


Yesterday was a mix of good and odd but I still woke up today with a smile on my face and a song in my head...so I guess it worked out well.

Morning time was coffee at the shop with my locals and friends before heading over to church for a bittersweet service. It was the Send Off for Tim and Mimi Keel (and kids) as they make their way shortly to New Zealand. Tim started the church 11 years ago and was a big part of my life, so like Shayne and Austin, I feel like I am losing a spiritual parent. He is the first leader at a church, that after hearing my testimony said, Welcome...we love you...get involved, let's see what God can do! I am so going to miss that man and his family, but also know that they need to be somewhere else. His faith to take his family to the other side of the world in obedience, just amazes me! Thanks for the example and love you are to me. Thanks for pointing the way to the cross. Thank you for seeing me as Jesus does. A sinner saved by grace. Amazing love...how can it be?

So yeah, that was the morning. Then had to miss lunch with Stephen (grrrr...!) since I had promised Geoff that I would help with the food at an anniversary party. Some dear friends of ours were celebrating 14 years together and having a Chiefs party...all at the same time! Guess you can tell what is important to those guys? It made me sad to know that these two men, who have spent over a decade of their lives together are still considered 2nd class citizens and their love means nothing in the eyes of the law or this land.

It was a banging party with alot of familiar faces from the the club, the political scene, community leaders, local personalities and close friends of the family...and one smoking hot blonde guy who spent entirely too much time with me. God, he was beautiful, and caring, and sincere...and just way too right/wrong for me! He was adorable, but still a "kid" in my book. Had on a cool pair of Radio Flyers (which I took a picture of as an excuse to get a picture of him) and looked good enough to eat! I don't know what to think about all that? It was just such a visceral reaction on my part. Anyway, food delivered, party had, Chiefs won...and I beat a hasty retreat to avoid entangling myself further. Now how to stay away from him, considering he works at Hall's right next door? Grrrr...

Well, the after party was at Michael Burn's club and we stayed for a drink or two and then Geoff had to get home for some rest and to watch his game...lol This is the time I should have gone home, but I didn't. I went back to the club "to watch the game". Meh...didn't see much game, but ended up hanging out with too many guys who were interested but I was enjoying the attention. Man! Corey can give a seriously good back rub. That felt awesome! Watched some of the show, tipped a few people, made the rounds meeting and greeting and then slipped out, away from the guy who was trying to pick me up. He was an amazing person, but I don't want to play with fire. I was glad to wake up by myself...in an odd, kind of relieved but still horny way.

Home and sleep and now this morning. So that was my Sunday. Love...it's all around us. Choose wisely.

1 comment:

  1. You said, "He was an amazing person, but I don't want to play with fire. I was glad to wake up by myself"

    You really love God. By choosing Him instead of that hot guy you were demonstrating with your heart and life that God is even better than a guy's love !

    ReplyDelete